- Become a DogFriendly Member & receive:
- Bi-monthly e-magazine
- County guides & Dog walking guides
- 10% Discount on 100s of dog friendly properties
- Find Out More
Tigh Mairi (Mary's Cottages)
Tigh Mairi is a traditional thatched “blackhouse” cottage with a curtained box bed, fully-fitted kitchen and underfloor heating. 1-2 dogs welcome (no extra charge). Elgol is 20 minutes drive from Broadford, with stunning views, walking, wildlife watching, boat-trips and sight-seeing opportunities.Read More
Tigh (meaning house or home) Mairi was originally a croft dwelling house, then a hay barn in the 1800s, named after the daughter of Andrew and Mary Sim who combined both modern and traditional when rebuilding the cottages. Cross a stone bridge over the stream separating Tigh Mairi from the other three cottages on the croft to reach this perfect self-catering accommodation.
Views to the front take in the Strathaird peninsula across to Glasnakille and beyond to Sleat and the Isle of Rum.
Sleeping four people with a traditional veiled boxed king size bed downstairs and a gallery room with two single beds upstairs (accessed via a foldaway ladder). Travel cot available.
Tigh Mairi has all the comforts you need whether you want a base for exploring the beautiful Skye wilderness, dark skies, or a tranquil retreat to relax and recharge.
We are dog-owners ourselves, so are genuinely pet-friendly, can give you suggestions for dog-friendly walks of various lengths, and welcome up to two well-behaved dogs, by prior arrangement. The area around the cottages is enclosed by fencing.
• Boxed Double Bed; Gallery Bedroom; Underfloor Heating; Oil Burner Fire; Outdoor Picnic Bench; Shower; Hairdryer; Fresh towels and linen;
• Fully Equipped Kitchen: Fridge Freezer, Microwave, Oven, Dishwasher, Dining Area, Washing Machine, Coffee maker
• Free Wifi; Smart TV And DVD Player; Books, CDs, DVDs and board games
• Welcome pack (eggs, milk, bread, biscuits, wine, Yorkshire tea and ground coffee)
• Dog throws, dog bowls, tick remover & Dog Welcome Pack
Your review here?
Have you visited Tigh Mairi (Mary's Cottages) before? If so, why not consider leaving a review?
Searching For Dog Friendly Places?
The DogFriendly Magazine contains in depth reviews and features of the best places to visit, stay and play.
Find Out More
Dog friendly places near this location
We have the largest database of dog friendly places to visit, eat and services.
We have a team of DogFriendly scouts who research every venue, either by completing a telephone questionnaire or by visiting and testing it in person.
Where We Are
+44 (0)1480 570009