- Become a DogFriendly Member & receive:
- Bi-monthly e-magazine
- County guides & Dog walking guides
- 10% Discount on 100s of dog friendly properties
- Find Out More
Tigh Mairi (Mary's Cottages)
Tigh (meaning house or home) Mairi was originally a croft dwelling house, then a hay barn in the 1800s, named after the daughter of Andrew and Mary Sim who combined both modern and traditional when rebuilding the cottages. Cross a stone bridge over the stream separating Tigh Mairi from the other three cottages on the croft to reach this perfect self-catering accommodation.
Views to the front take in the Strathaird peninsula across to Glasnakille and beyond to Sleat and the Isle of Rum.
Sleeping four people with a traditional veiled boxed king size bed downstairs and a gallery room with two single beds upstairs (accessed via a foldaway ladder). Travel cot available.
Tigh Mairi has all the comforts you need whether you want a base for exploring the beautiful Skye wilderness, dark skies, or a tranquil retreat to relax and recharge.
We are dog-owners ourselves, so are genuinely pet-friendly, can give you suggestions for dog-friendly walks of various lengths, and welcome up to two well-behaved dogs, by prior arrangement. The area around the cottages is enclosed by fencing.
• Boxed Double Bed; Gallery Bedroom; Underfloor Heating; Oil Burner Fire; Outdoor Picnic Bench; Shower; Hairdryer; Fresh towels and linen;
• Fully Equipped Kitchen: Fridge Freezer, Microwave, Oven, Dishwasher, Dining Area, Washing Machine, Coffee maker
• Free Wifi; Smart TV And DVD Player; Books, CDs, DVDs and board games
• Welcome pack (eggs, milk, bread, biscuits, wine, Yorkshire tea and ground coffee)
• Dog throws, dog bowls, tick remover & Dog Welcome Pack
Your review here?
Have you visited Tigh Mairi (Mary's Cottages) before? If so, why not consider leaving a review?
Dog friendly places near this location
We have the largest database of dog friendly places to visit, eat and services.
We have a team of DogFriendly scouts who research every venue, either by completing a telephone questionnaire or by visiting and testing it in person.
Where We Are
+44 (0)1480 570009