- Become a DogFriendly Member & receive:
- Bi-monthly e-magazine
- County guides & Dog walking guides
- 10% Discount on 100s of dog friendly properties
- Find Out More
Situated in the small hamlet of Docklow in rural North Herefordshire, consisting of scattered dwellings and a pretty church. There are a number of charming, traditional inns, just a short drive away. Footpaths are marked to enjoy the lovely surrounding countryside. This is a truly unspoilt part of rural England, an England of hop fields and apple orchards, of rolling hills, ancient timbered villages and centuries-old churches. Docklow Manor is in the heart of wonderful walking, fishing, horse-riding, cycling and bird-watching country, yet is just five miles from the attractive market town of Leominster. The historic cathedral cities of Hereford and Worcester are 20 and 25 miles away respectively. This holiday at a glance
- Sleeps four guests.
- Double bedroom, twin bedroom and one bathroom.
- A small cosy and compact open living area
- Wood burning stove.
- Private terrace.
- Stunning views towards the Black Mountains.
- Children and infants welcome.
- Up to two well behaved dogs are welcome (small additional charge per dog).
- Parking for up to two vehicles.
- Minimum of a two night stay.
- Electric cooker, microwave, fridge/freezer.
- Television with Freeview TV.
- DVD player and digital radio.
- Cot and highchair available on request.
- Children are invited to make use of the tree house, football nets and trampoline within the grounds of the Manor House (see Layout).
- Leominster is celebrated for its many fine antique shops. A little further away are the delightful towns of Ludlow (famous for its Shakespeare festival and Michelin-starred restaurants), Malvern and Ledbury, as well as the bookshop mecca of Hay-on-Wye with its annual literary Hay Festival.
- There are weekly markets in Ludlow, Leominster, Bromyard and Ledbury, and numerous small shops selling superb local produce.
- The marvellous castles of the Welsh border towns are within easy reach, as are some of England's finest National Trust houses and formal gardens. Selected highlights include Hampton Court Castle, Berrington Hall, Croft Castle and Ralph Court Gardens.
- The owners of Docklow Manor can arrange excellent fishing for you at the nearby Docklow Pools, as well as horse-riding and cycling.
- There is a golf driving-range five miles away, and Kington Golf Club, England's highest golf course, is a 35 minute drive. It is a terrific course, well worth the trip.
- For those who enjoy walking and bird-watching, Docklow Manor could hardly be better located. There are several working farms nearby where children are permitted to milk the cows and feed the lambs.
- Some of the country's most scenic racecourses are in easy reach. Ludlow Racecourse and Hereford Racecourse are 25 minute drives, Worcester Racecourse is half an hour away, and Cheltenham Racecourse about an hour.
- Travelling time from London is approximately 3 hours.
For additional inspiration on what to do within the area, please click here.
Your review here?
Have you visited Yewtree Cottage before? If so, why not consider leaving a review?
Searching For Dog Friendly Places?
Find Out More
Dog friendly places near this location
Cottages & Self Catering
|Woodlands Cottage (Herefordshire)||0.0 Miles|
|Hampton Wafre Cottage||0.3 Miles|
|Woodlands Cottage||0.3 Miles|
Camping & Caravanning
|Rowley Farm||3.5 Miles|
|Eaton Farm||3.7 Miles|
|Westbrook Farm Park||6.5 Miles|
We have the largest database of dog friendly places to visit, eat and services.
Where We Are
+44 (0)1480 570009