- Become a DogFriendly Member & receive:
- Bi-monthly e-magazine
- County guides & Dog walking guides
- 10% Discount on 100s of dog friendly properties
- Find Out More
Woodlands Cottage (Herefordshire)
Situated in the small hamlet of Docklow in rural North Herefordshire, consisting of scattered dwellings and a pretty church. There are a number of charming, traditional Inns, just a short drive away. Footpaths are marked to enjoy the lovely surrounding countryside. This holiday at a glance
- Sleeps four guests.
- Two bedrooms.
- One bathroom and one en-suite shower room.
- Up to two well behaved dogs are welcome (small additional charge per dog).
- Enclosed garden.
- Parking for up to two vehicles.
- Minimum of a two night stay.
- Stunning views towards the Black Mountains.
- Originally part of the kitchen wing of Docklow Manor, with great character and large sash windows.
- Use of table tennis by arrangement with owners.
- Children are invited to make use of the tree house, football nets and trampoline within the grounds of the Manor House (see layout).
- Delicious dinners can be provided by the owners at £15 per head.
- Electric range cooker with gas hob, dishwasher, washing machine/tumble dryer, microwave, fridge/freezer.
- Digital TV and DVD player with large selection of films.
- Garden furniture.
- Chimenea style barbecue.
- Children are invited to make use of the football nets, trampoline and tree house.
- This is a truly unspoilt part of rural England, an England of hop fields and apple orchards, of rolling hills, ancient timbered villages and centuries-old churches. Docklow Manor is in the heart of wonderful walking, fishing, horse-riding, cycling and bird-watching country, yet is just five miles from the attractive market town of Leominster, celebrated for its many fine antique shops. A little further away are the delightful towns of Ludlow (famous for its Shakespeare festival and Michelin-starred restaurants) Malvern and Ledbury, as well as the bookshop Mecca of Hay-on-Wye with its annual literary festival.The historic cathedral cities of Hereford and Worcester are 20 and 25 miles away respectively. The marvellous castles of the Welsh border towns are within easy reach, as are some of England's finest National Trust houses and formal gardens. Stratford-upon-Avon is just over an hour away by car. There are weekly markets in Ludlow, Leominster, Bromyard and Ledbury, and numerous small shops selling superb local produce.We can arrange excellent fishing for you at the nearby Docklow Pools, as well as horse-riding and cycling.
- There is a golf driving-range five miles away, and Kington, England's highest golf course, is a 35-minute drive. It is a terrific course, well worth the trip.
- For those who enjoy walking and bird-watching, Docklow Manor could hardly be better located. We are happy to provide guests with packed lunches in cool bags (with 24 hours' notice). There are several working farms nearby where children are permitted to milk the cows and feed the lambs. We are also particularly well located for easy access to some of the country's most scenic racecourses. Ludlow and Hereford are 25-minute drives, Worcester is half an hour away, and Cheltenham about an hour.
- Travelling time from London is approximately 3 hours.
For additional inspiration on what to do within the area, please click here.
Your review here?
Have you visited Woodlands Cottage (Herefordshire) before? If so, why not consider leaving a review?
Searching For Dog Friendly Places?
Find Out More
Dog friendly places near this location
Cottages & Self Catering
|Yewtree Cottage||0.0 Miles|
|Hampton Wafre Cottage||0.3 Miles|
|Woodlands Cottage||0.3 Miles|
Camping & Caravanning
|Rowley Farm||3.5 Miles|
|Eaton Farm||3.7 Miles|
|Westbrook Farm Park||6.5 Miles|
We have the largest database of dog friendly places to visit, eat and services.
Where We Are
+44 (0)1480 570009