- Become a DogFriendly Member & receive:
- Bi-monthly e-magazine
- County guides & Dog walking guides
- 10% Discount on 100s of dog friendly properties
- Find Out More
A delightful character cottage quietly situated yet just a short walk to the Quay where wonderful views across the estuary can be enjoyed and there are a selection of shops cafes and restaurants. Attractively decorated and comfortably furnished throughout whilst much of the original features of the cottage can still be seen including, beams, sloping ceilings and a large inglenook fireplace with woodburner. On the ground floor a cosy living room can be found at the front of the cottage with a kitchen/diner at the rear leading out into a sheltered fully enclosed small courtyard ideal for alfresco dining. Steep narrow stairs lead up to two attractive bedrooms and a bathroom are on the first floor. Whimbrel Cottage is in a great location for exploring the wonderful coastline in this part of North Devon and visitors will enjoy the great coastal walks along the Tarka Trail and rugged coastline towards Hartland. The Elizabethan port town of Bideford and the sandy surfing beach resort of Westward Ho! are both within a 10 minute drive whilst the splendour of Exmoor or the wonderful coast and countryside of North Cornwall are both just a 40 minute scenic drive.
- Size: sleeps 4 in 2 bedrooms
- Beds: 1 King, 2 Singles
- Rooms: Ground floor: Living room. Kitchen/diner. First Floor: Bedroom 1 King and TV , Bedroom 2 Twin. Bathroom with shower over bath, WC and basin.
- Kitchen & utilities: Gas hob and electric oven, washing machine, microwave, fridge and small table top freezer
- Entertainment:Smart TV, DVD and Bluetooth speaker
- For families: Travel Cot, Highchair and 2 stairgates available.
- Outside: Small enclosed courtyard with garden furniture. No vehicular access, parking available on the quay and in a public car park close by.
- General: Wifi, Gas central heating. Woodburner. Linen and towels inclusive. Short breaks available. 4pm arrival and 10am departure time
- Pets: 1 pet allowed
You may need to pay an Accidental Damage Deposit or Accidental Damage Deposit Waiver for this property. Where applicable we will contact you in good time before your holiday with further details and to take payment.
Your review here?
Have you visited Whimbrel Cottage before? If so, why not consider leaving a review?
Searching For Dog Friendly Places?
Find Out More
Dog friendly places near this location
Cottages & Self Catering
|The Hobbit's||0.0 Miles|
|Cockle Cottage||0.0 Miles|
Camping & Caravanning
|Knapp House||0.7 Miles|
|Chivenor Caravan Park||3.8 Miles|
|Saunton Beach Villas||4.6 Miles|
We have the largest database of dog friendly places to visit, eat and services.
Where We Are
+44 (0)1480 570009