- Become a DogFriendly Member & receive:
- Bi-monthly e-magazine
- County guides & Dog walking guides
- 10% Discount on 100s of dog friendly properties
- Find Out More
If a cosy cottage in a postcard worthy spot sounds ideal then look no further than Wherry Cottage. Located in the heart of the Broads National Park this cottage is perfectly placed for exploring the meandering waterways and peaceful countryside, and makes a great base for those who enjoy walking and bird watching. Close to Womack Staithe, (a pretty spot with moorings,a green and gift shop) the renovated accommodation offers all you could need for a relaxing stay and has designated parking and use of a communal garden. In the bedroom there is a double bed, and also bunk beds which are available at an extra cost should you wish to bring along the little ones. The village is a short walk from the cottage or explore further afield, St Benets Abbey dates back to the Anglo-Saxon times and occupies a beautiful spot on the banks of the Bure River or How Hill, a historic house with pretty gardens and a tea room on the banks of the River Ant. One of the traditional Norfolk Wherries is often moored here during the summer months and can be boarded if you are interested in taking a look inside. A short drive from Ludham takes you to the sandy beaches of the east coast or the historic city of Norwich.
Sleeps 2, 1 Bedroom
- Nearest beach: 8 miles
- Will consider: Short Breaks
- Access: Car advised
- Nearest amenities: Walking distance
- Family friendly? No
- Pets: Two small dogs welcome, please see our booking terms regarding pets
- Smoking: This is a non smoking
- Luxuries: Flat Screen TV, DVD Player
- General: Wall mounted electric panel heating
- Standard: Kettle, Toaster, Iron
- Utilities: Electric oven, induction hob, microwave, fridge, freezer, washer dryer
- Rooms: Sitting/Dining Room, Kitchen, Bedroom, Bathroom
- Beds: 1 Double, Bunk Beds available for guests use at an extra cost of £30, please request upon booking
- Other: Towels. Books and games provided. WiFi. Radio/CD Player.
- Outdoors: Fully enclosed courtyard with table and chairs. Communal lawn area.
- Mobile phone signal: Variable
- Notes: The Maltings (1552) sleeps 6, is in the same building and sleeps 6, perfect to book with Wherry Cottage for parties who wish to holiday together yet retain their own space - https://www.norfolkcottages.co.uk/norfolk-broads-cottages/ludham/1552-the-maltings
- Good Housekeeping Deposit: Please note that a refundable deposit of £150 is required for this property
You may need to pay an Accidental Damage Deposit or Accidental Damage Deposit Waiver for this property. Where applicable we will contact you in good time before your holiday with further details and to take payment.
Your review here?
Have you visited Wherry Cottage before? If so, why not consider leaving a review?
Searching For Dog Friendly Places?
The DogFriendly Magazine contains in depth reviews and features of the best places to visit, stay and play.
Find Out More
Dog friendly places near this location
Cottages & Self Catering
|Toadstool Cottage||0.4 Miles|
Camping & Caravanning
|The Caravan Club Ltd||1.1 Miles|
|Woodside Farm||1.1 Miles|
|Red House Farm||1.4 Miles|
We have the largest database of dog friendly places to visit, eat and services.
We have a team of DogFriendly scouts who research every venue, either by completing a telephone questionnaire or by visiting and testing it in person.
Where We Are
+44 (0)1480 570009