- Become a DogFriendly Member & receive:
- Bi-monthly e-magazine
- County guides & Dog walking guides
- 10% Discount on 100s of dog friendly properties
- Find Out More
Vanguard is one of two holiday cottages available at the lighthouse, which lies on the East Coast just outside Whitby and close to the North Yorkshire Moors.
The High Cliffs of the North Yorkshire coast hide a number of small ports, the most significant of which is Whitby. Captain James Cook was apprenticed to a Whitby shipowner and made the first of his voyages of discovery (1768-1771) in a covered Whitby built 'cat' - a small ship rigged collier renamed 'Endeavour'. Whitby's skyline is dominated by the ruins of St. Hilda's Abbey, high on Whitby's East Cliff and spreading below, a maze of alleyways and narrow streets running down to the busy quayside and harbour entrance. To the south lie the coastal villages and resorts of Scarborough, Filey and Bridlington. Inland lie the heather moorlands of the North Yorkshire Moors and, further afield, York. This holiday cottage at a glance
- Sleeps five guests.
- Three bedrooms, one bathroom and one shower room.
- Large walled garden with a patio (not enclosed).
- Ample parking.
- Up to two well behaved dogs are welcome (small additional charge).
- Minimum of a two night stay.
- Please see important information regarding this property within the Notes Tab above.
- Stunning sea views.
- Electric effect wood burner, electric hob and oven, microwave, fridge/freezer, dishwasher, washing machine and dryer.
- TV, DVD and CD player.
- Telephone with honesty box.
- Travel cot and highchair available on request.
- Garden furniture.
- Also on this site is Galatea, sleeping five guests.
- Within easy reach of a beach.
- Enjoy the Yorkshire coast with Whitby, Sandsend and Robin Hood's Bay all nearby.
- The Yorkshire Esk is one of the most prolific sea trout rivers in England and is the only salmon river between London and the Tees.
- Mountain biking at nearby Dalby Forest is world class. Grosmont, the North York Moors Railway and Goathland (of 'Heartbeat' fame) are all within easy reach.
For additional inspiration on what to do within the area, please click here.
Your review here?
Have you visited Vanguard before? If so, why not consider leaving a review?
Searching For Dog Friendly Places?
Find Out More
Dog friendly places near this location
Cottages & Self Catering
|High House||0.3 Miles|
|Whitby Holiday Park||1.1 Miles|
|Summerfield Annexe||1.2 Miles|
We have the largest database of dog friendly places to visit, eat and services.
Where We Are
+44 (0)1480 570009