- Become a DogFriendly Member & receive:
- Bi-monthly e-magazine
- County guides & Dog walking guides
- 10% Discount on 100s of dog friendly properties
- Find Out More
Tuckenhay, 3 Salle Cottage- FCS
- Elec, NSH, hot water, panel/convector heaters and use of swimming pools - charges vary by season £155 or £84 for short breaks
- Two t/cots
- Additional fridge
- Access to freezer
- Terrace with furniture
- Bed linen inc
- H/chairs and additional t/cots available by arrangement (one h/chair, one travel cot/cot in all cottages unless otherwise stated)
- Flatscreen TVs
- Wi-fi internet access (limited at times, in badminton/games hall, )
- Shared payphone
- Shared use of grounds
- Shared BBQ area
- Ample parking for cars and boats
- Two pints of milk on arrival
- No smoking (cottages and all facilities)
- NB: Stream in mill grounds
- Laundry room with W/machine and t/dryer by £1 slot meter
- Extensive indoor and outdoor sporting facilities including 60-ft outdoor swimming pool(8 am to 8 pm, 1 May to 1 Oct) and all-weather tennis court
- Superb indoor leisure complex with two heated swimming pools, Jacuzzis, saunas, steam rooms and drench shower(Roman Pool open daily 8.30 am to 8.30 pm – Wednesdays to 9 pm – for all ages, under adult supervision. Waterfall Pool open daily 8.30 am to 6.30 pm for adults and children over 10 accompanied by a swimming adult)
FACILITIES FOR SMALL CHILDREN:
- Outdoor - small children’s play areas with swings, climbing frames, slides, Wendy house and football field. Indoor - a huge play area with slides, puzzles, pool table, table football, snooker and table tennis
- Extra t/cots and h/chairs provided
- Mother and baby changing facility with walk-in shower/wet room (indoor pool). Roman pool with shallow learning bay.
- Well-behaved dogs are welcome in all cottages (except Mill Leat).
In a setting of stunning natural beauty, Tuckenhay Mill is the centrepiece of a cluster of country homes and cottages with superb leisure facilities including two indoor and one outdoor pools, making it ideal for a family holiday for all ages.
The Mill which once produced some of the finest paper in the land, nestles in the green and shady Bow Creek, a languid inlet of the River Dart where private yachts have replaced the old tall-masted ships and barges. Around the mill are all the buildings which once went to make up a small bustling village port. These listed buildings have been sympathetically restored and converted to a delightful range of holiday properties to suit larger family parties. Awards have been won for the conversion of buildings and the conservation of the area. With so much to do, many holidaymakers return year after year.
South Devon awaits you
Tuckenhay is only a 20-minute drive from the superb award-winning beach at Blackpool Sands and about 30 minutes from a surfing beach at Bantham, as well as some of the best natural beaches to be found anywhere in the UK.
There is also extensive access to the coastal footpath for walking and the wilderness that is Dartmoor for walking, climbing and riding.
This is a mecca for ramblers, bird-watchers, swimmers, surfers, horse riders, golfers and those interested in fishing, boating, sailing and windsurfing.
In addition, there are many historic NT houses to visit including Agatha Christies’s Greenway as well as a local vineyard (with award-winning wines) at Sharpham.
Tuckenhay is only 5 miles inland from Dartmouth and 3 from the market town of Totnes. Village shop 3½ miles. Riverside inn and restaurant within walking distance.
A superb choice of cottages
Each of the cottages has been individually styled to offer comfortable and spacious accommodation. Great care has been taken to retain the feel of the original buildings and extensive use has been made of traditional materials. Most have garden, terrace or patio. Individual cottage details are shown on the following pages.
Many cottages have more than one bathroom and some have an en-suite bathroom to every bedroom. Kitchens are comprehensively equipped: most have dishwashers and all have microwave cookers.
Couples and honeymooners will feel snug and comfortable in the small cottages: Mill Leat, Mill Stream and Mill Spring. Families can spread out in Papermaker’s or Turbine Cottages, while Mill Lodge, Edgecombe Barn and Tuckenhay Mill House will sleep larger parties in comfort. Of course, combinations of cottages can accommodate bigger gatherings of family or friends."
Your review here?
Have you visited Tuckenhay, 3 Salle Cottage- FCS before? If so, why not consider leaving a review?
Searching For Dog Friendly Places?
Find Out More
Dog friendly places near this location
Cottages & Self Catering
|Tuckenhay, Coomberry Loft. - FCP||0.0 Miles|
|Tuckenhay, Papermaker's - FKE||0.0 Miles|
|Tuckenhay, 2 Salle cottage - FCR||0.0 Miles|
Camping & Caravanning
|Woodlands Leisure Park||2.3 Miles|
|Higher Well Farm Holiday Park||2.7 Miles|
|Ramslade Caravan Club Site||2.7 Miles|
We have the largest database of dog friendly places to visit, eat and services.
Where We Are
+44 (0)1480 570009