- Become a DogFriendly Member & receive:
- Bi-monthly e-magazine
- County guides & Dog walking guides
- 10% Discount on 100s of dog friendly properties
- Find Out More
The Manger sleeping five guests is also available to book at this location. This holiday cottage at a glance
- Sleeps four guests.
- The accommodation is on the ground floor
- Two bedrooms, one with en-suite shower room.
- Separate bathroom.
- Free standing wood burning stove.
- Large front garden leading to enclosed half acre paddock.
- There is a small pond within the extensive grounds.
- Two well-behaved dogs welcome (small additional charge).
- Ample parking
- Minimum of a three night stay.
- Fabulous views.
- The sitting and dining area have glass doors which open onto the terrace.
- Electric hob and oven, multifunctional microwave, fridge with freezer compartment, dishwasher, washer/dryer.
- 32" Flat screen digital TV, DVD, CD, radio, iPod dock.
- Travel cot and highchair available on request.
- Barbecue and charcoal available.
- Table tennis available in the adjacent barn.
- Guests may use the village tennis court by arrangement.
- Guest use of a paddock.
- Nearby are three excellent, family-run farm shops, River Cottage HQ and Canteen as well as nationally acclaimed eateries and a choice of pubs known for good cooking and beer.
- Have dinner at the Tuckers Arms in Dalwood.
- Cider is made in the main barn.
- The nearest post office and cafe is a mile away in Membury.
- Within a 20 minute drive is the seaside town of Lyme Regis, a World Heritage Site famous for fossils. Branscome, Beer, Axmouth and Charmouth are only a little further down the coast. Within an easy forty minute drive are Dartmoor and Exmoor.
- The antique and second-hand book town of Honiton is on the way to the Devon Cathedral town of Exeter.
- Just over the border into Dorset are many Iron Age Hill Forts.
- Astronomy enthusiasts will appreciate the Dark Sky area.
For additional inspiration on what to do within the area, please click here.
Your review here?
Have you visited The Shippen before? If so, why not consider leaving a review?
Searching For Dog Friendly Places?
Find Out More
Dog friendly places near this location
Cottages & Self Catering
|The Manger||0.0 Miles|
|Kingfisher Cottage||0.5 Miles|
Camping & Caravanning
|Andrewshayes Caravan Park||2.0 Miles|
|Colyton - Shiphay Farm||4.4 Miles|
|Monkton Wyld Touring Caravan Park||4.6 Miles|
We have the largest database of dog friendly places to visit, eat and services.
Where We Are
+44 (0)1480 570009