- Become a DogFriendly Member & receive:
- Bi-monthly e-magazine
- County guides & Dog walking guides
- 10% Discount on 100s of dog friendly properties
- Find Out More
The Old Foundry (Norfolk)
Eastmoor is in a rural setting surrounded by agricultural farmland. The village Oxborough is about one mile away where you will find a gastro pub and Oxborough Hall, a National Trust property. Two miles in the other direction from the property is the Parish of Barton Bendish which again has a great gastro pub to try out. The nearby towns of Swaffam and Downham Market are about 9 miles away and between them, have a large selection of supermarkets, independent shops, pubs and restaurants. With so many wonderful places in easy reach, The Old Foundry truly is the perfect base from which to explore Norfolk, Suffolk and Cambridgeshire. This holiday at a glance
- Sleeps eight guests.
- Four en-suite bedrooms, one with a zip and link bed which can be configured as a double or two singles.
- Fully enclosed front courtyard and fenced lawn garden at the rear.
- Wood burning stove.
- Children and infants welcome.
- Two well behaved dogs welcome (small additional charge).
- Parking for six cars.
- Minimum of a two night stay.
- Exposed chalk and brick work and vaulted celings with exposed beams.
- Electric oven with gas hob, microwave and combined fridge/freezer.
- Dishwasher, washing machine and tumble dryer.
- Two flat screen televisions, one with Freeview, one with Apple TV/Netflix.
- DVD player and Blu-ray player.
- Selection of board games and DVDs.
- CD player, wireless speaker and docking station.
- Travel cot and highchair available on request.
- Garden table and eight chairs with cushions.
- Four deck chairs and four reclining chairs.
- Weber barbecue.
- The Beddingfield Arms and Berney Arms in the nearby villages of Oxborough and Barton Bendish both serve good food, ales and wines.
- Swaffam and Downham Market have all of the amenities needed for your stay. Visit on a Saturday to buy local produce from their weekly markets. A little further away is King’s Lynn known for its maritime heritage and historic buildings.
- The National Trust’s Oxburgh Hall in Oxborough is a wonderful 15th century moated manor house with gardens, woodland walks, tea rooms and gift shop.
- To the south of Eastmoor is Thetford Forest Park which has many beautiful places to enjoy on foot, bicycle or on horseback.
- The Norfolk Coast AONB has many outstanding beaches and coastal paths. Hunstanton, renowned for its unique striped cliffs, is approximately 50 minutes’ drive away.
- The Sandringham Estate, Holkham Hall and Burnham Market can all be reached in under an hour’s drive.
- Norfolk has numerous nature reserves which are home to a wide variety of birds and wildlife. Nature enthusiasts will enjoy the saltmarsh habitats at RSPB Snettisham or viewing grey seals at Blakeney Point.
- Regular trains run from London King's Cross to Downham Market and take approximately 90 minutes.
For additional inspiration on what to do within the area, please click here.
Your review here?
Have you visited The Old Foundry (Norfolk) before? If so, why not consider leaving a review?
Searching For Dog Friendly Places?
Find Out More
Dog friendly places near this location
Cottages & Self Catering
|The Granary||1.6 Miles|
|The Old Forge||2.1 Miles|
|All Saints House - E5419||2.7 Miles|
Camping & Caravanning
|Grange Farm Camping & Caravans||2.8 Miles|
|Woodstock Farm||3.3 Miles|
|Breckland Meadows Touring Park||6.3 Miles|
We have the largest database of dog friendly places to visit, eat and services.
Where We Are
+44 (0)1480 570009