- Become a DogFriendly Member & receive:
- Bi-monthly e-magazine
- County guides & Dog walking guides
- 10% Discount on 100s of dog friendly properties
- Find Out More
The Oaks (10 Guests)
Situated on the side of the Long Mynd, this luxury self catering rental enjoys stunning views over the surrounding hills.
The Oaks has been refurbished to a high standard and offers contemporary, spacious and light accommodation. The garden is approximately two acres and is surrounded by post and rail fencing and hedges. Two large, sunny stone patios with teak furniture face west and south with delightful views over Shropshire's Caradoc and Lawley Hills.
The Oaks (6 Guests) can also be booked as a three bedroom property for mid-week stays outside of peak season.
This holiday at a glance
- Sleeps ten guests.
- Five bedrooms.
- Four bath/shower rooms.
- Wessex stone log fireplace in sitting room.
- Two-acre garden and stone patio facing south and west.
- BBQ and a large fire bowl
- You can hire a hot tub from a local supplier & delivered to the property for your stay, please see the notes section for further details
- Parking for eight vehicles.
- One well behaved dog welcome (small additional charge) please see notes.
- Minimum of a two night stay.
- The Oaks is the ideal celebration venue for family or friends.
- Lovely views.
- Hill View Fishery nearby offers fly fishing for trout. For details, please click here.
- Visiting Organic Spa Treatment Service: My Personal Sanctuary is a luxurious and truly indulgent beauty therapy service delivering five star quality organic treatments carried out in the comfort of your cottage.
- Oil AGA plus separate electric hob and oven, multifunctional microwave.
- American style fridge/freezer, dishwasher, Nespresso coffee maker, washing machine, tumble dryer.
- 42" Plasma TV with DVD. 19" plasma TV, Bose CD player.
- Separate TV and video in games room with a selection of children's videos, children's pool table, table football and board games.
- CD player, Bose iPod speakers, radio.
- Travel cot, highchair and stairgate available on request.
- Patio teak outdoor furniture and Kadai fire bowl for cooking and camp fire.
- Catering service available.
- Situated in an ideal location for an outdoor break with numerous walks and mountain bike rides from the front gate, which leads directly onto National Trust land.
- The nearest golf course is at Church Stretton and is the third highest in the country with fantastic views!
- A number of traditional country pubs with great food, open fires and real ale are situated a short drive away.
- The property is ideally placed for visiting the medieval Shropshire town of Shrewsbury with its speciality shopping, fine foods and amenities.
- Five minutes away is Church Stretton, a Victorian spa resort and finally Shropshire's gastronomic capital Ludlow, with its Michelin-starred restaurants.
- Nearby for children, is Shropshire's historic working farm at Acton Scot, the Secret Hills Discovery Centre at Craven Arms or the interactive museums of Ironbridge.
For additional inspiration on what to do within the area, please click here.
Your review here?
Have you visited The Oaks (10 Guests) before? If so, why not consider leaving a review?
Searching For Dog Friendly Places?
Find Out More
Dog friendly places near this location
Cottages & Self Catering
|The Oaks (6 Guests)||0.0 Miles|
|Old Hall Barn 2||0.9 Miles|
Camping & Caravanning
|Botvyle Farm||0.9 Miles|
|Gretton Caravan Site||3.3 Miles|
|Small Batch Camp Site||3.3 Miles|
We have the largest database of dog friendly places to visit, eat and services.
Where We Are
+44 (0)1480 570009