- Become a DogFriendly Member & receive:
- Bi-monthly e-magazine
- County guides & Dog walking guides
- 10% Discount on 100s of dog friendly properties
- Find Out More
The Cowshed’s courtyard garden with beautiful pot planting program, wooden garden furniture and comfy cushions is perfect for enjoying the remarkable location. Slatted fencing ensures that dogs can enjoy their holiday in a safe, enclosed outdoor area.
Situated just outside the village of North Wooton, The Cowshed’s rural location is ideal for walks, pub visits, culture and unwinding in a peaceful setting any time of the year. Shepton Mallet and the cathedral city of Wells can both be reached by car in under 10 minutes, while Glastonbury is under 20 minutes’ drive away. The Mendip Hills Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty lies just beyond Wells and offers stunning landscapes to walk and cycle through. The famous Roman spa city of Bath is an excellent day trip destination just over 20 miles to the north east. This holiday at a glance
- Sleeps two guests.
- En-suite king-size bedroom
- Situated across one level.
- Courtyard garden.
- Sorry, no children or infants.
- One medium sized, well behaved dogs welcome (small additional charge).
- Parking for two cars.
- Minimum of a two night stay.
- Underfloor heating and woodburner style electric fireplace.
- Free standing electric cooker.
- Fridge with small freezer compartment.
- Coffee maker and juice squeezer.
- Television with Freeview TV and DVD player.
- Garden furniture.
- Two pergolas
- The local area has numerous excellent eateries with just a few recommended places to try being The Good Earth at Wells, The Talbot Inn at Mells and The Sheppey Inn at Lower Godney.
- Just 3 miles from The Cowshed is historic Wells, home to renowned Wells Cathedral and the Bishop’s Palace.
- For an amazing mix of designer shopping, beautiful gardens and café or pantry restaurant, make sure to drop by Kilver Court. Or for a more budget-friendly shopping experience try the Clarks Village factory outlet.
- The charming market town of Frome (15 miles) provides a wealth of independent shops, food markets and places to eat. The Frome Independent, held the first Sunday of the month (Mar-Dec), is not to be missed.
- Walk up Ancient Glastonbury Tor and soak in breath-taking views of the rolling Somerset landscape.
- The Mendip Hills is famous for its limestone caves and gorges with must-see attractions including the Wookey Hole Caves, Cheddar Gorge & Caves and Ebbor Gorge.
For additional inspiration on what to do within the area, please click here.
Your review here?
Have you visited The Cowshed before? If so, why not consider leaving a review?
Searching For Dog Friendly Places?
Find Out More
Dog friendly places near this location
Cottages & Self Catering
|Walters Cottage||1.2 Miles|
|At The Farm||1.2 Miles|
|2 Batch Cottages||1.9 Miles|
Camping & Caravanning
|Haybridge Caravan Park||3.2 Miles|
|Manleaze Caravan Park||3.4 Miles|
|Lower Milton Caravan Park||3.6 Miles|
We have the largest database of dog friendly places to visit, eat and services.
Where We Are
+44 (0)1480 570009