- Become a DogFriendly Member & receive:
- Bi-monthly e-magazine
- County guides & Dog walking guides
- 10% Discount on 100s of dog friendly properties
- Find Out More
The gorgeous semi - detached house has been styled beautifully to include a bespoke painted and fitted kitchen with marble flooring. The ground floor bathroom features a free standing double ended bath and marble tiled flooring with underfloor heating. Ascending the stairs you’ll find the pretty main bedroom with double bed, feature brick chimney and painted floor boards. The second bedroom with twin beds is ideal if you’re looking for a bit of extra space while the main bedroom can accommodate a travel cot for couples with a baby.
The Cottage is situated in Baconsthorpe, a village a few miles south-east of Holt and south of Sheringham. The pretty Georgian town of Holt is a maze of beautiful streets which draw visitors, including the Duchess of Cambridge, to this beautiful part of North Norfolk. With numerous independent shops, cafes and restaurants and art galleries, you can while away a day just meandering around the streets. This holiday at a glance
- Sleeps two guests.
- Master bedroom with double bed.
- Second bedroom with twin beds.
- Ground floor bathroom.
- Wood burning stove.
- Quaint courtyard enclosed garden with a small gate to the side.
- On-street parking.
- Children and infants in own travel cot welcome (see Notes).
- One well behaved dog welcome (small additional charge).
- Minimum two night stay.
- Electric oven and hob.
- Butler style sink.
- Large screen television with Freeview and DVD player.
- Garden table and chairs.
- Not far away is Letheringsett Mill, the last watermill in Norfolk that still produces flour where you'll also find the ever-popular pub; The King's Head. A little further up the road is the renowned Back to the Garden farm shop and restaurant.
- Around 30 minutes west is Holkham with its glorious wide sandy beach and pinewoods, not to mention the magnificent stately home Holkham Hall.
- Blakeney is one of the jewels on the North Norfolk coast, a mecca for sailors, birders, artist and walkers. The harbour is picturesque and always bustling with children (and adults!) gillying for crabs. There are great places to eat and enjoy the local seafood and of course the famous Blakeney Hotel.
- Blakeney Point is a 4 mile spit of sand dunes; wonderful for walking and wildlife watching as it is home to colonies of breeding Terns and many migrant birds pass through. Board a boat at Morston Quay to see the colony of about 500 harbour and grey seals.
- Cromer, perched on the very edge of the north Norfolk coast, is famous for its tasty crabs, wide open beaches, traditional pier complete with a theatre providing seaside special variety shows; and is awash with small local independent shops.
- Twenty minutes’ drive from The Cottage is Cley-Next-The-Sea, a very popular and charming coastal village. It is well appointed with a good pub/hotel, deli, pottery, gallery and the famous Cley Smokehouse.
For additional inspiration on what to do within the area, please click here.
Your review here?
Have you visited The Cottage before? If so, why not consider leaving a review?
Searching For Dog Friendly Places?
Find Out More
Dog friendly places near this location
Cottages & Self Catering
|The Cottage (B)||0.0 Miles|
|Bodham House||1.2 Miles|
|The Stable||1.4 Miles|
Camping & Caravanning
|The Red Hart Inn Caravan Club||1.8 Miles|
|Woodlands Caravan Park||2.3 Miles|
|Breck Farm Caravanning & Camping||2.4 Miles|
We have the largest database of dog friendly places to visit, eat and services.
Where We Are
+44 (0)1480 570009