- Become a DogFriendly Member & receive:
- Bi-monthly e-magazine
- County guides & Dog walking guides
- 10% Discount on 100s of dog friendly properties
- Find Out More
Tucked away in this little explored corner of the Cotswolds and within easy reach of Shakespeare country sits Stourton Manor, a much loved home and a piece of living history. Dating from the early 1600s and painstakingly restored by the present owners, it’s a rare privilege to experience such heritage as a guest. Impressive inglenooks, original flagstone floors, exposed beams and rarely seen authentic elm panelled walls all combine to create a unique backdrop to your time away with family and friends.
The house sleeps up to ten guests in five bedrooms which exude period charm. There’s an elegant sitting room and sophisticated library, each with open fires and the cosy ambiance of the dining hall. The characterful country kitchen has everything you will need to cook up a storm, with a traditional pantry linking the kitchen to the dining hall provides ample storage as well as all manner of kitchen paraphernalia. An adjacent barn houses a yoga studio with some gym equipment and contemporary shower room. The private enclosed grounds extend to two acres and include a tiger turf tennis court and cricket net with bowling machine.
The village of Stourton is located in the north eastern corner of the Cotswolds in the county of Warwickshire within easy reach of the home of the Bard. Dating from the post-medieval period, the house is surrounded by fascinating history, not least of which the dissolution of the monasteries and the English Civil War. Nowadays, the locality is brimming with artisan producers as well as sites of interest: The Cotswold Distillery is literally on the doorstep (Stourton Manor guests qualify for a discount), the Hook Norton Brewery still using traditional methods is within easy reach and Todenham Manor Farm renowned for its top quality outdoor reared pork and beef is nearby. The local market town of Shipston-on-Stour shuns large supermarkets which makes it a delight for traditional fresh produce shopping and independent shops. This holiday at a glance
- Sleeps ten guests.
- Two super-king bedrooms, one king-size bedroom and one large single bedroom.
- Family bedroom with super king bed and single bed
- Three bathrooms in the main house and one shower room in the adjacent barn conversion.
- Two enamelled claw foot baths.
- Period features including original flagstone floors, elm panelled walls and exposed beams.
- Two inglenook fireplaces and one woodburning stove.
- Two acres of grounds including traditional knot garden, lawn, orchard and tennis court.
- Yoga studio with some gym equipment.
- Cricket net with bowling machine.
- Massage Therapist (please contact booking office for details)
- Children and infants in own travel cot welcome.
- Two well behaved dogs welcome.
- Off street parking for up to six cars.
- Minimum three night stay.
Your review here?
Have you visited Stourton Manor before? If so, why not consider leaving a review?
Searching For Dog Friendly Places?
The DogFriendly Magazine contains in depth reviews and features of the best places to visit, stay and play.
Find Out More
Dog friendly places near this location
Cottages & Self Catering
|Rural Retreats||1.6 Miles|
|Horseshoe Cottage||1.9 Miles|
Camping & Caravanning
|Fosseway Farm||6.6 Miles|
|The Camping & Caravanning Club||7.9 Miles|
|Cheney Manor House||8.8 Miles|
We have the largest database of dog friendly places to visit, eat and services.
We have a team of DogFriendly scouts who research every venue, either by completing a telephone questionnaire or by visiting and testing it in person.
Where We Are
+44 (0)1480 570009