- Become a DogFriendly Member & receive:
- Bi-monthly e-magazine
- County guides & Dog walking guides
- 10% Discount on 100s of dog friendly properties
- Find Out More
There are lots of contemporary touches and up-to-the-minute features, such as environmentally friendly heating, fumed engineered oak flooring, washed plywood walls and wash lighting uplighters alongside modern light fittings. High vaulted ceilings create a feeling of space and light. With expansive glazing on the south elevation, this is the ideal place to relax while gazing out onto the unspoilt coastal plain.The main living area is open plan, with a kitchen, dining and relaxing area, as well as sliding doors to the patio. There is a small, separate TV and kids room, and two of the three generous sized bedrooms have glazed doors that open out onto the covered terrace.
Shangri-La sits in extensive grounds of around an acre that have been landscaped to combine manicured lawns with grass meadow areas. A private gateway takes you to the path that leads over the dunes and to the beach that stretches as far as the eye can see. This holiday at a glance
- Sleeps six guests.
- Ground-floor accommodation
- Two bedrooms with king size beds and en-suite.
- One bedroom with twin beds.
- Family bathroom..
- Landscaped garden.
- Parking for three cars.
- Children welcome.
- Two well behaved dogs welcome (additional £70 charge).
- Minimum three night stay.
- Environmentally friendly PassivHaus heating.
- Integrated Miele electric oven and microwave, conduction hob with extractor.
- Fridge freezer, microwave and dishwasher.
- Washing machine and tumble dryer.
- Two Smart TV's, Sonos sound system.
- Travel cot.
- Garden furniture.
- Games in shed, including two kayaks (see Notes).
- Waxham is a small East Norfolk coastal hamlet sitting in an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty, and is mainly known for Waxham Hall and Great Barn, a fully restored, magnificent Elizabethan barn. It’s actually the longest thatched barn in the country.
- Waxham Beach often appears in lists of the UK’s best beaches, but still remains peaceful and quiet, even in high summer.
- A little way down the coast is Horsey, which is home to the area’s main breeding area for colonised seals. You’re welcome to come and spot a seal or two at Horsey, but seals are also a very common sight at Waxham. If you take a dip in the sea or use the kayaks, the seals might surface to take a closer look at you. ,
- Norfolk is a birdwatcher’s paradise a good time to come is during the migration season in September and October – you might spot a rare species.
- The Norfolk Broads are very close by. The best way to see them is by hiring a boat for the day and exploring all the inlets and waterways at your own pace.
- In just half an hour’s drive you can leave all the seclusion behind to explore the city of Norwich, with some great shopping and plenty of restaurants to enjoy
For additional inspiration on what to do within the area, please click here.
Your review here?
Have you visited Shangri-La before? If so, why not consider leaving a review?
Searching For Dog Friendly Places?
The DogFriendly Magazine contains in depth reviews and features of the best places to visit, stay and play.
Find Out More
Dog friendly places near this location
Cottages & Self Catering
|2 Waxham Court||0.9 Miles|
|Rosemary Cottage||0.9 Miles|
Camping & Caravanning
|Golden Beach Caravan Park||1.0 Miles|
|Walnut Farm Touring Park & Holiday Lets||1.2 Miles|
|Waxham Sands Holiday Parks||1.5 Miles|
We have the largest database of dog friendly places to visit, eat and services.
We have a team of DogFriendly scouts who research every venue, either by completing a telephone questionnaire or by visiting and testing it in person.
Where We Are
+44 (0)1480 570009