- Become a DogFriendly Member & receive:
- Bi-monthly e-magazine
- County guides & Dog walking guides
- 10% Discount on 100s of dog friendly properties
- Find Out More
Buckets and spades at the ready! This cosy two bedroomed cottage, tucked away in the popular town of Sheringham, is the perfect location for a seaside holiday for families and couples alike! Don your costumes, pack your towels and picnic and be on the beach within 5 minutes, it really is that close. Visit the Poppy Line railway station and catch a traditional steam train into neighbouring Weybourne or continue on into the market town of Holt where you can meander around the delighful shops and enjoy the many offerings of local food in the restuarants and pubs, locally caught seafood is a must. If you decide to travel in the opposite direction the Bittern Line from Sheringham Raiway Station will take you towards the victorian coastal resort of Cromer with its famous pier, or Norwich with its historic cathedral, castle and museums is a pleasant train ride away. At the vast open marshalands of Cley you can watch out for a Marsh Harrier or two whilst enjoying a cup of tea at the Norfolk Wildlife Trust reserve centre. Whatever you decide to do you can be sure this is a great place to relax and unwind at the end of a busy day!
Size: Sleeps up to 3 with 2 bedrooms
- Nearest beach: 200m
- Access: Car advised
- Nearest amenities: within walking distance
- Family friendly? Yes
- Pets: One small well-behaved dog welcome. Please be aware of our booking information regarding pets
- Smoking: Not allowed at this property
- Luxuries: TV with free sat, DVD player, CD player, iPod dock, Wi-Fi
- General: Gas central heating, electric living flame fire
- Standard: Kettle, Toaster, Hairdryer
- Utilities: Gas hob, electric built-in oven, dishwasher, microwave, fridge, freezer
- Rooms: 2 bedrooms, sitting/dining room, kitchen, bathroom and entrance porch
- Beds: 1 king size bed, 1 single bed
- Other: Books, games, towels provided, welcome tray
- Outdoors: Small patio area with table and chairs
- Parking: Roadside parking
- Mobile phone signal:good
- Good Housekeeping Deposit: Please note that a refundable deposit of £150 is required for this property
You may need to pay an Accidental Damage Deposit or Accidental Damage Deposit Waiver for this property. Where applicable we will contact you in good time before your holiday with further details and to take payment.
Your review here?
Have you visited Scallop Cottage before? If so, why not consider leaving a review?
Searching For Dog Friendly Places?
The DogFriendly Magazine contains in depth reviews and features of the best places to visit, stay and play.
Find Out More
Dog friendly places near this location
Cottages & Self Catering
|Crabpot Cottages||0.0 Miles|
|Captain's Cottage||0.0 Miles|
|Lantern Cottage||0.0 Miles|
Camping & Caravanning
|Beeston Regis Caravan & Camping Park||0.8 Miles|
|Laburnum Caravan Park||1.4 Miles|
|The Caravan Club Ltd||1.5 Miles|
We have the largest database of dog friendly places to visit, eat and services.
We have a team of DogFriendly scouts who research every venue, either by completing a telephone questionnaire or by visiting and testing it in person.
Where We Are
+44 (0)1480 570009