- Become a DogFriendly Member & receive:
- Bi-monthly e-magazine
- County guides & Dog walking guides
- 10% Discount on 100s of dog friendly properties
- Find Out More
The open plan living area features a log burner, a large L-shaped sofa, flat screen HD TV, DVD and high speed WiFi. The open plan kitchen has a large dining room table, a fully equiped kitchen with an en-suite utility room, which includes a sink, washing machine, dishwasher, extra fridge freezer and a small office area.
Accommodation consists of two-ground floor double bedrooms. The master bedroom features a high apex ceiling with skylight window, walk in wardrobe shower room, and doors that open onto the deck. The second bedroom is at the other end of the house and has a large en-suite shower room, TV/DVD, and french windows that lead onto the decking.
Sandcrest Cottage is the perfect family holiday home surrounded by numerous delicious restaurants, fun activities and local attractions to discover!
Places to Eat
- Scarlet Restaurant (at the Scarlet Hotel) Mawgan Porth, 01637 861800
- Wild Cafe & Herring Restaurant (at the Bedruthan Steps Hotel) Mawgan Porth, 01637 860860
-The Merrymoor Inn Mawgan Porth, 01637 860258
- Fire Bar and Grill Mawgan Porth, 01637 860372
- The Blue Fish Bar (seasonal opening) Mawgan Porth, 01637 860554
- Jon's Bistro Mawgan Porth, 01637 860420
- The Cafe (at Mawgan Porth Holiday Park) Mawgan Porth, 01637 860594
- The Travellers Rest, Trevarrian, 01637 860245
- Blue Bay Restaurant (at the Bluebay Lodge) Mawgan Porth, 01637 860324
- Jamie Oliver’s “fifteen” at Watergate Bay (10mins by car)
- Rick Steins, Padstow (20mins by car)
Meal Deliveries/Take Out's
Baan Waan Thai (free delivery) St Eval, 01841 540429
Wallys 01637 881718 / Bio Travel 01637 860006 / Sterling Travel 01637 860524
- Betty's - Newsagents and Surf Shop, Mawgan Porth, 01637 86024.
- Cornish Fresh - Convenience Store and Takeaway (opposite Mawgan Porth Beach) 01637 860850
- Bre-Pen Farm Shop and Tea Room, Mawgan Porth, 01637 86042.
- Gluvian Farm Shop, Mawgan Porth, 01637 86063.
- Disco Beads, Mawgan Porth, 01637 86082.
- Transurf Surf Shop, Mawgan Porth, 01637 86161. - Tap here to visit the web site.
Things to do
- Go-Karting at nearby St. Eval (Disused Aerodrome). 01637 860160.
- King Surf - Surfing lessons, Mawgan Porth, 01637 86009.
- Atlantic Lanes Bowling Centre, Trevarrian. 01637 86038.
- Pitch and Putt (opposite the Beach) - also Site of Iron Age Settlement Remains Mawgan Port
- Scarlet Spa (at the Scarlet Hotel) Mawgan Porth, 01637 86180.
- Ocean Spa (at the Bedruthan Steps Hotel) Mawgan Porth, 01637 860860.
- Emerald Beauty Salon (at the Merrymoor Inn) Mawgan Porth. 01637 860267
- Merlin Golf Course, Mawgan Porth, 01841 54022.
- Mawgan Porth Pools - Course Fishing, Mawgan Porth. 01637 86077.
- Make your own Jewellery at Disco Beads, Mawgan Porth. 01637 86082.
- Watergate Bay from Mawgan Porth
- Mawgan Porth to Carnewas
- Constantine to Mawgan Porth
- Mawgan Porth to St Mawgan
- Mawgan Porth to Padstow
- Circular Cornish Pub Walk from Mawgan Porth.
For land-lovers there are some breathtaking walks along the Cornish coastline, many of which you can access from the house.
Water sports enthusiasts can find some cracking waves along the coastline, with surf schools in abundance to help with any equipment hire or tuition.
For art and craft lovers, there are bead making workshops in the village, just 2 mins away.
Free Christmas Lunch for 2 adults and two children at The Catch Restaurant home in Mawgan Porth. Three course meal with fresh fresh fish or turkey. Offer valid for bookings over the 25th December 2018.
Sandcrest Cottage can comfortably sleep up to six people. All rooms are bright and airy with crisp, Egyptian cotton linen, towels and handmade soap.
The main bedroom has a king size (5ft) bed, high apex ceiling with a large skylight window, en-suite shower room and walk-in dressing room. The bedroom has French windows that open onto the deck.
The second bedroom is a very private double at the other end of the house with en-suite bathroom including a large walk in en suite shower room. All the windows from this bedroom open onto the deck where there is a roll top bath.
The Loft area sleeps 2 guests. It is open plan space accessed by a ladder directly from the living area. The ceiling does not allow for an adult to stand fully upright. Please Note, This room is not recommended for very small children.
All rooms have central heating and are equipped with hairdryers, extra blankets, and hot water bottles. We provide house towels only so recommend you bring your own beach towels.
The living and kitchen area is bright and light with skylights and three French windows, all open directly onto a secluded and private deck. The living space is dominated by a very large L-shaped coach which features a glass fronted wood burner, and flat screen smart TV.
The kitchen is modern with all appliances, gas hob, electric oven. A separate utility room holds additional fridge and freezer space, washer, dryer and a small office space. All the doors open onto the deck, sun loungers, a bench, an eating area with tables and chairs, sun umbrella and large bar-b-q area. The house is south facing and tucked neatly out of the wind. The higher garden area is large enough to enjoy beach volley ball or football in the sand. It also features a step accessed "lookout" with great views of the sea and sunsets. Guests have access through a private gate leading on to the beach.
The outdoor space features a roll-top bath tub on the decking, an outdoor shower, a large al-fresco dining room table, sun umbrella, chairs, a barbecue and sun loungers.
The higher garden area features a look out with sea views, perfect for a watching the sunset, and an area for beach style football & volley ball. Guests have direct access through a private gated path leading through the sand dunes and onto the beach.
Your review here?
Have you visited Sandcrest Cottage before? If so, why not consider leaving a review?
Searching For Dog Friendly Places?
Find Out More
Dog friendly places near this location
Camping & Caravanning
|Marver Holiday Park||0.1 Miles|
|Magic Cove Touring Park||0.2 Miles|
|Trevarrian Holiday Park||0.7 Miles|
We have the largest database of dog friendly places to visit, eat and services.
Where We Are
+44 (0)1480 570009