- Become a DogFriendly Member & receive:
- Bi-monthly e-magazine
- County guides & Dog walking guides
- 10% Discount on 100s of dog friendly properties
- Find Out More
A stunning conversion of a coach house dating back to the 1700s gives Riverain its welcoming double height oak floored reception room with floor to ceiling arched windows. The huge sandstone fireplace is a focal point for cool Cumbrian evenings and a generous supply of logs as well as underfloor heating ensures guest comfort and relaxation. Riverain's private garden and parking area is set on the South facing side of Blencow and has amazing views over the hills towards Mell Fell.
Rural Retreats offer two other properties within the grounds of Blencowe Hall, Cazenovia Hall and Wythburn Cottage. This holiday at a glance
- Sleeps six guests.
- Three bedrooms, two en-suite shower rooms and one en-suite bathroom.
- Cast iron, wood burning stove.
- Private garden with sandstone terraces.
- On-site parking.
- Up to two well behaved dogs are welcome (small additional charge per dog), kept to the ground floor please.
- Minimum of a three night stay.
- An award winning conversion of the Grade II Listed sandstone carriage house of Blencowe Hall.
- Underfloor heating from sustainable air source heat pump.
- Bosch Electric oven, gas hob, microwave, fridge/freezer, Bosch dishwasher, Bosch washing machine & tumble dryer.
- 42' TV, DVD player, iPod base station.
- Catering service available, please contact Lynn Hilditch 07775 733608.
- Travel cot, stairgate and highchair available on request.
- Sustainable plantation teak garden furniture and Weber barbecue with locally sourced charcoal provided for guests use.
- Secure cycle storage.
- Clay pigeon shooting available.
- Within the grounds of Blencowe Hall is a tributary of the River Petterill which has brown trout fishing.
- Other outdoor pursuits can easily be arranged including pony trekking, sailboat hire and cycle tours along the popular C2C cycle route which passes through the village.
- The peaceful setting make this cottage ideal for walkers or guests seeking a "get away from it all" location from which they can enjoy the Lake District without being overrun by other visitors. You are less than four miles from the Lake District National Park.
- Easily accessible from the Penrith railway station (three hours direct from Euston) and a 10 minute taxi ride. It is about four miles from Junction 40 of the M6.
- As a Rowley Estates guest you can enjoy a free swimming session at nearby Greystoke village Pool, a great heated outdoor community facility.
For additional inspiration on what to do within the area, please click here.
Your review here?
Have you visited Riverain before? If so, why not consider leaving a review?
Searching For Dog Friendly Places?
Find Out More
Dog friendly places near this location
Cottages & Self Catering
|Wythburn Cottage||0.0 Miles|
|Cazenovia Hall & Wythburn Cottage||0.0 Miles|
|Blencowe Hall||0.0 Miles|
Camping & Caravanning
|Flusco Wood||2.1 Miles|
|Hillcroft Park||5.5 Miles|
|Troutbeck Head Caravan Club Site||5.8 Miles|
We have the largest database of dog friendly places to visit, eat and services.
Where We Are
+44 (0)1480 570009