- Become a DogFriendly Member & receive:
- Bi-monthly e-magazine
- County guides & Dog walking guides
- 10% Discount on 100s of dog friendly properties
- Find Out More
The village of Aislaby is a short walk away with The Forge selling bar meals if you would like a quick bite to eat. If you prefer coastal views, Whitby is not far away with its bustling harbour with both fishing and pleasure boats, where there are plenty of restaurants and take-away fish and chip shops if you wish to indulge in this English seaside favourite.
Sandsend and Robin Hood’s Bay are also close by and well worth a visit along this beautiful coastline, and lovely places to start your walk. If cycling is one of your pastimes, Dalby Forest is an excellent place for mountain biking. Why not visit the North Yorkshire Moors Railway at Grosmont and relax as the train travels through the stunning countryside, or if you were a fan of the television series ‘Heartbeat’, take a trip to Goathland to see where it was filmed. This holiday at a glance
- Sleeps eight guests.
- Four bedrooms.
- Two en-suite bathrooms and one family bathroom.
- South-facing position with beautiful views over the Esk Valley.
- Two wood burning stoves.
- Doors leading out to the terrace from the sitting room.
- Parking for up to four cars.
- Private garden with outdoor seating and a barbecue on the terrace.
- Children and infants welcome.
- One well-behaved dog welcome (small additional charge).
- Minimum two night stay.
- Underfloor heating.
- Electric oven with a separate induction hob.
- Washing machine and tumble dryer.
- Combined fridge/freezer.
- Smart television with internet access.
- Digital radio.
- Cot and highchair available upon request.
- Garden furniture.
- The Bridge Cottage Bistro serves classic dishes cooked with a modern flair using the freshest and most sustainable local produce.
- Why not visit the Captain Cook Museum or stroll around the harbour during your visit to Whitby and watch the fishing and pleasure boats coming home.
- St Mary’s Church is worth-while seeing as well as Whitby Abbey perched high above the town.
- Further away are Robin Hood’s Bay, Sandsend Beach and Runswick Bay, all of which are well known to walkers and their four legged friends.
- The North York Moors Railway runs from Whitby to Pickering and is a truly special way to experience the Yorkshire landscape.
- The Dracula Experience offers spooky guided tours using special effects and live actors.
For additional inspiration on what to do within the area, please click here.
Your review here?
Have you visited RedRoofs before? If so, why not consider leaving a review?
Searching For Dog Friendly Places?
Find Out More
Dog friendly places near this location
Cottages & Self Catering
|Tower Cottage||0.2 Miles|
|West Wing||0.2 Miles|
|Chestnut Barn||0.2 Miles|
Camping & Caravanning
|Middlewood Farm Holiday Park||6.0 Miles|
|Moorside Safari Tents Park||8.9 Miles|
We have the largest database of dog friendly places to visit, eat and services.
Where We Are
+44 (0)1480 570009