- Become a DogFriendly Member & receive:
- Bi-monthly e-magazine
- County guides & Dog walking guides
- 10% Discount on 100s of dog friendly properties
- Find Out More
Port na Mine
Although Port na Mine boasts a secluded loch-side location many of Arygll’s popular destinations are easily accessible. Sharing the forestry track that leads is to Port na Mine is the well-known Inverawe Smokehouse and Shop which has also a café, visitor centre and many trails and walks through the park’s woods. The village of Taynuilt is just five miles away where local amenities include an excellent grocer, butchers, tea room and hotel with restaurant. The 9-hole Taynuilt Golf Club has wonderful views of Loch Etive while the Bonawe Iron Furnace is a popular local attraction. Slightly further afield is Oban which can be reached in approximately 30 minutes’ drive where there is a good range of shops, restaurants and ferries to the Hebrides. This holiday at a glance
- Sleeps twelve guests.
- Two super king bedrooms with en-suites and one double bedroom with en-suite.
- Three twin bedrooms, one with en-suite.
- Family bathroom and separate shower room.
- Wood effect electric fire.
- Spacious fully enclosed garden.
- Ample parking.
- Access road to this property for the last mile is via a rough forestry track.
- Direct access to the Loch via a track through the garden (please see Notes).
- Guests with their own boats can use the track down to the Loch to launch from there.
- Fishing rods and mackerel lines available on request.
- Children and infants welcome.
- Up to two well behaved dogs welcome (small additional charge).
- Minimum of a three night stay.
Your review here?
Have you visited Port na Mine before? If so, why not consider leaving a review?
Searching For Dog Friendly Places?
Find Out More
Dog friendly places near this location
Cottages & Self Catering
|Loch Awe Log Cabins||1.0 Miles|
|Ben Duirinnis House||1.1 Miles|
|Point Park||1.2 Miles|
Camping & Caravanning
|Oban Camping & Caravaning Club Site||6.9 Miles|
|Tralee Bay Holidays||9.0 Miles|
We have the largest database of dog friendly places to visit, eat and services.
Where We Are
+44 (0)1480 570009