- Become a DogFriendly Member & receive:
- Bi-monthly e-magazine
- County guides & Dog walking guides
- 10% Discount on 100s of dog friendly properties
- Find Out More
Nestling in one of the oldest streets of this picturesque village and surrounded by colour washed cottages this delightful former fishermans cottage offers a warm welcome. With a double and single bedroom this is an ideal base for couples, friends or small family groups. Two character pubs are close by serving excellent food and the cottage is within a short walk of the quay, which offers delightful views across the estuary to Instow, and further pubs, restaurants, shops and art studios, all scattered among the narrow cobbled streets of this ancient village. Fishing trips and fresh fish are frequently available on the quay. The surf washed sands of Westward Ho! with its famous golf course, the indoor leisure centre at Northam and the historic port town of Bideford are all within five minutes drive.
- Size: Sleeps up to 3, 2 bedrooms
- Nearest beach: Less than 1 mile
- Will consider: Short breaks
- Access: Car advised
- Wheelchair access: No
- Nearest amenities: Less than 1 mile
- Family friendly:Yes
- Pets: 1 Pet allowed
- Smoking: Not allowed at this property
- Luxuries: Smart TV, BT Youview box, DVD player.
- General: Gas central heating, WiFi
- Standard: Kettle, Toaster, Iron
- Utilities: Gas hob and oven, microwave, fridge, freezer, washing machine.
- Rooms: 2 bedrooms(ensuite cloakroom with WC and basin), bathroom with bath and shower over, WC and basin, living/dining room, kitchen.
- Beds: 1 single beds , 1 double bed
- Other: Linen and towels provided. Travel cot, highchair and stairgate.
- Outdoors: Small rear enclosed courtyard with garden furniture.
- Access: Unloading and parking may be available closeby and a parking permit is provided that can be used in car parks in Appledore, Bideford, Torrington and Holsworthy.
You may need to pay an Accidental Damage Deposit or Accidental Damage Deposit Waiver for this property. Where applicable we will contact you in good time before your holiday with further details and to take payment.
Your review here?
Have you visited Painter's Cottage before? If so, why not consider leaving a review?
Searching For Dog Friendly Places?
Find Out More
Dog friendly places near this location
Cottages & Self Catering
|Irsha Street||0.0 Miles|
|Willets Cottage||0.0 Miles|
|The Retreat||0.0 Miles|
Camping & Caravanning
|Knapp House||0.9 Miles|
|Chivenor Caravan Park||3.6 Miles|
|Saunton Beach Villas||4.3 Miles|
We have the largest database of dog friendly places to visit, eat and services.
Where We Are
+44 (0)1480 570009