- Become a DogFriendly Member & receive:
- Bi-monthly e-magazine
- County guides & Dog walking guides
- 10% Discount on 100s of dog friendly properties
- Find Out More
Ochr y Rhiw
Set in an elevated position, this beautiful, detached cottage overlooks a river and woodland to the Mid Wales hills beyond. Providing a stylish combination of contemporary and original features, Ochr y Rhiw is a wonderful, pet-friendly retreat to relax in style. Bi-fold doors, the length of the kitchen, open on to a terrace and whether inside or out, this is a stunning place to sit back and admire the tranquil views and multitude of birds that visit the feeding stand.
Central to Snowdonia National Park and Cardigan Bay, as well as the market towns of Machynlleth and Dolgellau, Ochr y Rhiw offers a private setting within the village of Cwmllinau. Village shop / cafe and pub (1.2 mile) and a number of recommended restaurants nearby. Plenty of attractions including the Centre for Alternative Technology, RSPB at Ynys Hir, King Arthur's Labyrinth and Corris Craft Centre.
- Size: sleeps six in three bedrooms.
- Beds: one king, one double, one full size bunk.
- Rooms: ground floor – kitchen diner, living room, entrance / utility room, wet room. Upstairs - king bedroom, double bedrooms, bunk bedroom, family bathroom, landing with chair and binoculars to watch the birds and admire the views.
- Kitchen and utilities: well equipped farmhouse-style kitchen with an integrated fridge freezer, dishwasher, microwave and Range cooker. Utility room with sink unit with a built in washer dryer.
- Entertainment: Smart TV in living room and lots of games to provide entertainment. Wifi included.
- Outside: a spacious, elevated terrace extends from the kitchen via bi-fold doors, where you can enjoy a spot of alfresco dining around a 6 seater circular patio table, whilst overlooking the river and tranquil surroundings. Extended grounds can be accessed by the river bank via a short path.
- Parking: private, off-road parking for up to 2 cars.
- General: Egyptian cotton bed linen and high quality towels provided. Air source central heating and electricity included. Underfloor heating throughout ground floor. Welcome pack on arrival includes bread, tea and coffee, milk, sugar and biscuits / cake. Property is set over floors with steep steps. Ultrafast broadband.
- Pets: up to 2 pets welcome @ £20 per pet (ground floor only and not on furniture - dog gate provided).
- Notes: No smoking inside the cottage please. You may need to pay an Accidental Damage Deposit or Accidental Damage Deposit Waiver for this property. Where applicable we will contact you in good time before your holiday with further details and to take payment.
Your review here?
Have you visited Ochr y Rhiw before? If so, why not consider leaving a review?
Listing Updated: 01/07/2021
Searching For Dog Friendly Places?
The DogFriendly Magazine contains in depth reviews and features of the best places to visit, stay and play.
Find Out More
We have the largest database of dog friendly places to visit, eat and services.
We have a team of DogFriendly scouts who research every venue, either by completing a telephone questionnaire or by visiting and testing it in person.
Where We Are