- Become a DogFriendly Member & receive:
- Bi-monthly e-magazine
- County guides & Dog walking guides
- 10% Discount on 100s of dog friendly properties
- Find Out More
The grounds include an archery lawn, walled vegetable gardens and a Victorian castle folly at the foot of the lawn (now converted to a children's play area). The forested grounds of 25 acres incorporate a small tributary of the River Eden with picnic area and stone barbecue by the stream.
There is a connecting passage between Melmerby Hall and Stag Cottage, sleeping four guests which has lockable soundproof doors to respect guest privacy. You will also find Kirkbride Hall, sleeping eight guests within the grounds. This holiday at a glance
- Sleeps eighteen guests.
- Nine bedrooms, three en-suite shower rooms, five en-suite bathrooms and one shower room.
- Three open fires.
- Oil fired four oven Aga.
- Oak flooring and original Georgian shutters.
- Billiards room.
- Sandstone terrace.
- Large and well maintained gardens with a woodland walk.
- Onsite parking.
- Children of all ages welcome.
- Babysitting by arrangement.
- Catering service available, please contact Lynn Hilditch 07775 733608.
- Hot tub hire available - please visit cumbriahottubhire.co.uk.
- Victorian castle folly at the foot of the archery lawn.
- Clay pigeon shooting can be arranged with prior notice.
- Sorry, no stag or hen parties. No fireworks with the exception of 5th November and New Year.
- PLEASE NOTE: Any wedding enquiries must be directed through the office.
- Up to two well behaved dogs are welcome (small additional charge per dog) to be kept to the ground floor please.
- Minimum of a three night stay.
Your review here?
Have you visited Melmerby Hall before? If so, why not consider leaving a review?
Searching For Dog Friendly Places?
Find Out More
Dog friendly places near this location
Cottages & Self Catering
|Stag Cottage||0.0 Miles|
|Melmerby Hall & Stag Cottage||0.0 Miles|
|Kirkbride Hall||0.1 Miles|
We have the largest database of dog friendly places to visit, eat and services.
Where We Are
+44 (0)1480 570009