- Become a DogFriendly Member & receive:
- Bi-monthly e-magazine
- County guides & Dog walking guides
- 10% Discount on 100s of dog friendly properties
- Find Out More
This holiday cottage, a detached thatched flint property, is in an ideal location for an outdoor break in Dorset, with plenty of walking opportunities. From the cottage there is direct access to forest walks and mountain bike trails and it is conveniently located for the Wessex Ridgeway walk. It has good gourmet pubs in the area and is a good "get-away-from-it-all" location. This holiday cottage at a glance
- Sleeps eight guests.
- Four double bedrooms.
- One shower room and one bathroom.
- Inglenook fireplace with an open fire and guard.
- Large one acre lawned orchard garden, ideal for children.
- Children of all ages welcome.
- Two well behaved dogs are welcome (small additional charge).
- Ample onsite parking with secure fencing around the property.
- Minimum of a three night stay.
- Thatched roof and original features of this historic cottage.
- Electric hob and oven.
- Freezer in adjoining shed.
- Two televisions.
- DVD player, iPod connection, radio.
- Travel cot and highchair available on request.
- Two picnic table benches. Logs in adjoining sheds.
- Sorry, no barbecues due to thatch.
- As the highest village in Dorset the views from the walks in the area are spectacular to the coast of the Isle of Wight.
- The Fontmell pub is excellent and only a five minute drive from the cottage and the Beckford Arms is also very good and about 20 minutes away.
- There are many others within a five-mile radius and in Shaftesbury, five miles to the north.
- Other places to visit in this area of Dorset include Salisbury, Longleat, Stonehenge and Poole, all within a 45-minute drive.
- There are glorious sandy beaches and sandbanks at the entrance to Poole Harbour.
For additional inspiration on what to do within the area, please click here.
Your review here?
Have you visited Magna Cottage before? If so, why not consider leaving a review?
Searching For Dog Friendly Places?
The DogFriendly Magazine contains in depth reviews and features of the best places to visit, stay and play.
Find Out More
Dog friendly places near this location
Cottages & Self Catering
|Meadow Cottage||1.0 Miles|
|King John's House||1.8 Miles|
Camping & Caravanning
|Bushes Farm Caravan Park||4.5 Miles|
|Church Farm Caravan & Camping Park||5.0 Miles|
|Blackmore Vale Caravan & Camping Park||6.8 Miles|
We have the largest database of dog friendly places to visit, eat and services.
We have a team of DogFriendly scouts who research every venue, either by completing a telephone questionnaire or by visiting and testing it in person.
Where We Are
+44 (0)1480 570009