- Become a DogFriendly Member & receive:
- Bi-monthly e-magazine
- County guides & Dog walking guides
- 10% Discount on 100s of dog friendly properties
- Find Out More
Kingston is a small village surrounded by open countryside a few miles south west of Cambridge. The village has a church and village hall: the closest shop is 1 ½ miles away in Toft. Within two miles is the Bourn Golf Glub and Leisure Centre and the village of Bourn with a small shop and a butchers. The Stove farm café offers a wide range of light breakfasts, lunches and freshly baked cakes. Also in Bourn is the Willow Tree pub and Lalbagh Indian restaurant. Kingston Barns is situated within easy reach of most of most of the major routes through Cambridgeshire. There is a daily bus service from Kingston to Cambridge and the nearest train station is in the village of Shepreth, with trains to Cambridge and London.
Kingston Barn 1 (sleeps four guests); Kingston Barn 2 (sleeps four guests); Kingston Barn 3 (sleeps four guests); Kingston Barn 4 (sleeps four guests).
To see the latest updates and reviews at Kingston Barns click here. This holiday at a glance
- Sleeps sixteen guests in four self contained properties.
- Six en-suite bedrooms with king size beds.
- Two en-suite bedrooms with king size zip and link beds (which can be configured as 2'6 singles on request).
- All properties have a ground floor shower room and boot room.
- Landscaped gardens with plentiful seating areas.
- Parking for up to twenty vehicles.
- Children welcome.
- No day guests allowed, unless agreed prior to arrival with owners.
- Two well behaved dogs welcome in Barns 3 & 4 only (small additional charge).
- Minimum three night stay.
- Ground floor underfloor heating.
- Wood burning stove in Barn 1 only.
- Oven, induction hob, microwave.
- Access to a shared orangery, the length of the ground floor.
- Separate laundry room with washing machine and tumble dryer.
- Dishwasher, fridge freezer.
- 48” flat screen television.
- Travel cot (small additional charge applies) and high chair available on request (no stairgate due to design of stairs).
- Garden furniture.
- African inspired fire pit.
- Petanque court with badminton equipment
- Boule, Kubb and bicycles
- Beauty and Relaxation Treatments available, please enquire regarding preferential guest pricing http://victoriawatsonbeauty.co.uk
- Kingston Barn is just nine miles from the city of Cambridge, where there is an abundance of tourist attractions to keep the most discerning of travellers interested! The universities, museums, theatres, restaurants, nightlife, punting, excellent shopping and inspiring architecture offer a wealth of culture.
- Numerous golf courses are in easy reach, including Bourn Golf Club that also has leisure facilities under a mile away.
- A number of National Trust properties are located close by including Wimpole Hall, Anglesey Abbey and Houghton Mill.
- For wine lovers a visit to Chilford Hall vineyard which is set within 18 acres of rural countryside and a consistent producer of award winning wines.
- Enjoy a family day out at Linton Zoo which is a forty minute drive or closer by is Shepreth Wildlife Park. Wicken Fen nature reserve is home to over 9000 species and is approximately half an hours drive.
- Spend a day at Newmarket racecourse, which is a 40 minute journey by car. It also plays host to a ranges of music events and family fun days throughout the year.
- Duxford Imperial Air Museum is well worth a visit where you can stand in awe of the world’s famous aircraft, get close to Concorde, and second world war classics such as the Spitfire.
- The Orchard Tea Garden overlooking the idyllic water meadows in Grantchester make for a lovely afternoon when the sun is shining.
For additional inspiration on what to do within the area, please click here.
Your review here?
Have you visited Kingston Barns before? If so, why not consider leaving a review?
Searching For Dog Friendly Places?
The DogFriendly Magazine contains in depth reviews and features of the best places to visit, stay and play.
Find Out More
Dog friendly places near this location
Cottages & Self Catering
|Kingston Barn 4||0.0 Miles|
|Kingston Barn 2||0.0 Miles|
|Kingston Barn 3||0.0 Miles|
Camping & Caravanning
|Cherry Hinton Caravan Club||4.4 Miles|
|Great Gransden Certified Site||5.2 Miles|
|Highfield Farm Touring Park||6.3 Miles|
We have the largest database of dog friendly places to visit, eat and services.
We have a team of DogFriendly scouts who research every venue, either by completing a telephone questionnaire or by visiting and testing it in person.
Where We Are
+44 (0)1480 570009