- Become a DogFriendly Member & receive:
- Bi-monthly e-magazine
- County guides & Dog walking guides
- 10% Discount on 100s of dog friendly properties
- Find Out More
The recent renovation of Jenny's Croft which dates back to the 1600s, brings this barn back into habitation for the first time since 1764. It retains many of its original features including beams, open fireplaces, stone staircases, stone walls, original old fashioned door heights (some low) and terraced gardens and fields. Jenny's Croft is furnished throughout with antiques and incorporates solar hot water heating.
Jenny's Croft's position on one of the higher hills in the Eden Valley gives its gardens amazing views towards the Pennines and the rolling countryside that has seen this area in Cumbria declared one of the UK's designated Areas of Outstanding Natural Beauty.
Other properties to be found within the grounds are Glassonby Old Hall, sleeping eight guests and Elk Cottage, sleeping four guests. This holiday cottage at a glance
- Sleeps four guests.
- Two bedrooms, one en-suite bathroom and one en-suite shower room.
- Sandstone fireplace. Wood burning stove, complimentary logs, kindling and firelighters provided for guest use.
- Gated sandstone courtyard with steps up to the lawned gardens.
- Catering service available, please contact Lynn Hilditch 07775 733608.
- Hot tub available to hire on request. (please see notes)
- Onsite parking.
- Up to two well behaved dogs are welcome. Please ensure they are kept to the ground floor and off the furniture.
- Please beware of some low doorways.
- Minimum of a two night stay.
Your review here?
Have you visited Jenny's Croft before? If so, why not consider leaving a review?
Searching For Dog Friendly Places?
Find Out More
Dog friendly places near this location
Cottages & Self Catering
|Glassonby Old Hall||0.0 Miles|
|Glassonby Old Hall & Jenny's Croft||0.0 Miles|
|Elk Cottage||0.0 Miles|
We have the largest database of dog friendly places to visit, eat and services.
Where We Are
+44 (0)1480 570009