- Become a DogFriendly Member & receive:
- Bi-monthly e-magazine
- County guides & Dog walking guides
- 10% Discount on 100s of dog friendly properties
- Find Out More
Hailstone Barn (6 Guests)
Your only problem will be choosing where to relax. In front of the wood burning stove in the living room? Or perched next to the Aga in the well-equipped kitchen? If you’d prefer a bit of tranquillity, you’ll also find a snug, with books lining the walls, and a sun room with cantilevered doors opening right out onto the patio.
The wildflower garden is very special too, with a large dining table and rattan chairs, and even hammocks for the truly decadent. The garden has extensive views of woodland and the rolling countryside. Hailstone Barn is situated in the south Cotswolds and the town of Tetbury on your doorstep. Famous for its antique shops – you could spend a pleasant few hours here trying to root out a bargain.
Hailstone Barn (6 Guests) is only available to book outside of peak season. Hailstone Barn (10 Guests) is available to book at all times throughout the year, sleeping 10 guests in five bedrooms and offers the added bonus of an entertainment room with Sky television and its very own bar. This holiday at a glance
- Sleeps six guests.
- Ground floor double bedroom with 6' super king size bed with French doors leading out to deck and wildflower garden.
- Ground floor double bedroom with 5' king size bed.
- First floor double bedroom with 5' king size bed and en suite bathroom.
- Large bathroom with bath and separate walk in shower.
- Wood burning stoves and open fire.
- Large garden with orchard, wildflower garden and decked seating area.
- Parking for up to five cars.
- Children and infants welcome.
- Up to two dogs welcome (small additional charge, see Notes).
- Minimum three night stay.
- AGA, electric oven with separate electric hob, microwave.
- Combined fridge freezer.
- Washing machine and tumble dryer.
- Television with Sky TV and Blu-ray player.
- Sonos, iPad.
- Tennis court with tarmac surface (please bring your own equipment).
- Two high chairs, cot and travel cot available on request.
- Garden furniture.
- Hammocks, fire pit, gas barbeque.
- Tables and chairs in the orchard (available May – September only).
- There are woodland views from the decking at Hailstone Barn, but if you’d like to see some rarer specimens, head for Westonbirt Arboretum just a few miles away. The long, tree-lined avenues are a delight to walk along, and the site is a photographer’s paradise in the autumn, when the Japanese maples turn a variety of colours.
- Just south of Tetbury is Highgrove House, country home of HRH The Prince of Wales and The Duchess of Cornwall. The Prince is a keen organic gardener and he has transformed the gardens here. You can book to go on guided tours at certain times of the year.
- A short drive away from Hailstone Barn is the Georgian spa town of Bath. One of the best views of the town is from the hillside above as you approach – the lines of Georgian terraces hug the contours. The splendour of the Royal Crescent and the hot springs of the Thermae spa are must-sees while you’re here, but make sure you factor in some time for shopping and dining too.
- There are walks in every direction from Hailstone Barn, but for walks with a difference head east to the Cotswold Water Park. There’s more open water here than in the Norfolk Broads, and you can stroll along the Thames River path or hunker down in a hide to do some birdwatching. There are lots of activities on offer too, including canoes, windsurfers and even zip wires.
- Malmesbury is a charming town filled with history. The Abbey here dates back to the twelfth century. If you’re here in the early summer, then you might be lucky enough to catch the WOMAD festival just up the road.
- To see how the other half lived during Roman times, we recommend a trip to Chedworth Roman Villa. The woodland setting is magical, and the mosaic floors are incredibly well preserved. Oh, and look out for giant snails – the Romans brought them with them over the Channel, and they’re still living here today!
For additional inspiration on what to do within the area, please click here.
Your review here?
Have you visited Hailstone Barn (6 Guests) before? If so, why not consider leaving a review?
Searching For Dog Friendly Places?
The DogFriendly Magazine contains in depth reviews and features of the best places to visit, stay and play.
Find Out More
Dog friendly places near this location
Cottages & Self Catering
|Hailstone Barn (10 Guests)||0.0 Miles|
|Folly Cottage||1.7 Miles|
|29 Chipping Steps||2.2 Miles|
We have the largest database of dog friendly places to visit, eat and services.
We have a team of DogFriendly scouts who research every venue, either by completing a telephone questionnaire or by visiting and testing it in person.
Where We Are
+44 (0)1480 570009