- Become a DogFriendly Member & receive:
- Bi-monthly e-magazine
- County guides & Dog walking guides
- 10% Discount on 100s of dog friendly properties
- Find Out More
The courtyard and gardens have been cleverly designed to offer a choice of secluded areas and more sociable spaces including an impressive deck. Ample tables and chairs allow groups to congregate around the barbecue or just sit with a glass of wine enjoying the views. The owners have augmented Glen Bank’s many charming, original features with modern amenities to ensure a high standard of comfort.
The village of Brampton faces the stunning Dufton Fells in the Eden Valley. It has an authentic pub 200 yards from the property offering great food and a warm welcome from the landlord and villagers alike. If you don’t fancy a drive, there is an abundance of great walks on the doorstep. Alternatively there is easy access to the Lake District National Park with Ullswater 25 minutes away or the Yorkshire Dales National Park 20 minutes in the other direction. The pretty market town of Appleby-in-Westmorland is just a mile away and has a variety of local shops including two excellent butchers, a bakery, gift shops, a good selection of cafés and pubs, a beautiful castle and the famous Settle to Carlisle railway. This holiday at a glance
- Sleeps ten guests.
- Five bedrooms with three en-suites and one family bathroom.
- Breath-taking views of the Pennine Ridge and the Cumbrian Fells.
- Newly renovated rooms throughout.
- Landscaped fully enclosed garden and paved courtyard.
- Children and infants welcome.
- Two well behaved dogs welcome (small additional charge per dog).
- Off street parking for five cars.
- 5 Star Gold rating from visit England.
- Three wood burning stoves.
- Oak floors with underfloor heating throughout the ground floor.
- Convection hob and double oven, microwave, two fridge freezers and dishwasher.
- Washing machine and tumble dryer.
- Television and wireless portable speakers for iPhone, iPad or MP3s.
- Cot and highchair available upon request.
- Garden furniture and charcoal barbecue.
- Storage space in the boot room for cycle and walking equipment.
- The New Inn 1730 Brampton (300 yards from Glen Bank) is now open serving food and drinks.
- The Lake District National Park with Ullswater, one of England's most beautiful lakes nearby with the famous Ullswater Steamers.
- The Eden Valley has so many places to visit and things to do. A haven for walkers and cyclists, there are countless beautiful tracks and trails to discover along the Pennine Way including the circular walk over nearby Dufton Pike.
- Nearby Appleby Castle, which includes one of the few remaining intact Norman Keeps in Great Britain dating back 900 years, is a great choice for history buffs. Book ahead for a castle tour or pop in for afternoon tea. Appleby Castle also has fishing rights to the River Eden and offers online booking for keen anglers.
- See the glorious Cumbrian landscape by train on the historic Settle – Carlisle Railway Line which passes through nearby Appleby-in-Westmorland.
Your review here?
Have you visited Glen Bank before? If so, why not consider leaving a review?
Searching For Dog Friendly Places?
The DogFriendly Magazine contains in depth reviews and features of the best places to visit, stay and play.
Find Out More
Dog friendly places near this location
Cottages & Self Catering
|Pennine View||0.1 Miles|
|1 Pennine View||0.1 Miles|
|Keld House Farm||0.5 Miles|
Camping & Caravanning
|Low Moor Caravan & Camping Site||3.6 Miles|
|Wild Rose Caravan Park||4.2 Miles|
|Chapel Farm Caravan Park||8.7 Miles|
We have the largest database of dog friendly places to visit, eat and services.
We have a team of DogFriendly scouts who research every venue, either by completing a telephone questionnaire or by visiting and testing it in person.
Where We Are
+44 (0)1480 570009