- Become a DogFriendly Member & receive:
- Bi-monthly e-magazine
- County guides & Dog walking guides
- 10% Discount on 100s of dog friendly properties
- Find Out More
Endymion Lodge is one of five detached luxury lodges, located in idyllic countryside on the Wakes Hall Estate in the breath-taking Colne Valley on the Essex/Suffolk border. Each lodge boasts a verandah and the ultimate indulgence – a soothing hot tub, surrounded by 500 acres of land and walks to the village of Wakes Colne.
Wakes Hall Lodges offer the ultimate place to escape the city or your hectic lives. Nature lovers will have a wonderful time taking in the stunning flora and fauna of the delightful countryside. As well as a stunning fishing lake stocked with Carp and Roach, there are an endless number of woodland walks to explore, including the neighbouring willow woodland where the trees are farmed to make cricket bats. Visitors often enjoy a short amble to the local village where there is a shop and post office and a picturesque pub beside the River Colne that serves locally brewed beer. Local beauty salons provide a full range of services for visitors to the lodges, and for those looking for an extra special treat, we can arrange for a fully trained chef to serve up a delectable feast from the comfort of your lodge.
Also available to book through Rural Retreats are Brook Lodge (sleeping two guests); Campion Lodge (sleeping two guests); Ransom Lodge (sleeping four guests); and Woodbell Lodge (sleeping four guests). This holiday cottage at a glance
- Sleeps four guests.
- Two bedrooms, one en-suite bathroom and one en-suite shower room.
- An outdoor hot tub.
- Latest eco-technology from Canada.
- Woodland walks directly from the lodge.
- All accommodation is on the ground floor.
- Enclosed decked area and access to a two acre fishing lake and woodland. (please see notes)
- Ample parking.
- Up to three well behaved dogs are welcome (small additional charge per dog).
- Both doorways and pathways are accessible for wheelchair users to the rear.
- Minimum of a three night stay.
Your review here?
Have you visited Endymion Lodge before? If so, why not consider leaving a review?
Listing Updated: 01/08/2021
Searching For Dog Friendly Places?
The DogFriendly Magazine contains in depth reviews and features of the best places to visit, stay and play.
Find Out More
We have the largest database of dog friendly places to visit, eat and services.
We have a team of DogFriendly scouts who research every venue, either by completing a telephone questionnaire or by visiting and testing it in person.
Where We Are