- Become a DogFriendly Member & receive:
- Bi-monthly e-magazine
- County guides & Dog walking guides
- 10% Discount on 100s of dog friendly properties
- Find Out More
The recent conversion of Elk Cottage dating back to the 1600s, brings this 5* Star Gold Award winning barn conversion back into the habitation for the first time since 1764. It retains many of its original features including beams, open fireplaces, stone walls, original old fashioned door heights (some low) and terraced gardens and fields. Furnished throughout with antiques as well as benefiting from an extremely well equipped kitchen, including an American style side by side fridge and an AEG washing machine and dryer.
Elk Cottage's position on one of the higher hills in the Eden Valley gives its gardens amazing views towards the Pennines and the rolling countryside that has seen this area in Cumbria declared one of the UK's designated Areas of Outstanding Natural Beauty. It is dog friendly, and the gardens and grounds surrounding this cottage provide plenty of room for running around.
Other properties to be found within the grounds are Glassonby Old Hall, sleeping eight guests and Jenny's Croft, sleeping four guests. This holiday cottage at a glance
- Sleeps four guests.
- Two bedrooms, one en-suite bathroom and one en-suite shower room.
- Sandstone fireplace with wood burning stove.
- Wood burning cast iron fire, complimentary logs, kindling and firelighters provided for guests use.
- Gated enclosed sandstone terrace to the rear benefits from lovely raised flower beds and steps leading up to a lawned area (dog owners be aware this is not enclosed).
- On-site, private parking.
- Up to two well behaved dogs are welcome (small additional charge per dog). Please ensure they are kept to the ground floor and off the furniture.
- Please beware of some low doorways.
- Catering service available, please contact Lynn Hilditch 07775 733608.
- Hot tub available to hire. ( please see notes)
- Minimum of a two night stay.
Your review here?
Have you visited Elk Cottage before? If so, why not consider leaving a review?
Searching For Dog Friendly Places?
Find Out More
Dog friendly places near this location
Cottages & Self Catering
|Glassonby Old Hall||0.0 Miles|
|Glassonby Old Hall & Jenny's Croft||0.0 Miles|
|Jenny's Croft||0.0 Miles|
We have the largest database of dog friendly places to visit, eat and services.
Where We Are
+44 (0)1480 570009