- Become a DogFriendly Member & receive:
- Bi-monthly e-magazine
- County guides & Dog walking guides
- 10% Discount on 100s of dog friendly properties
- Find Out More
If you are looking to enjoy a family holiday by the sea in a beautiful coastal location then look no further! Built from traditional Norfolk brick and flint, Dottys Cottage is approximately 200 years old and is situated in the pretty and popular village of Blakeney - a small village which benefits and small but good range of shops, a delicatessen and The White Horse pub which serves good food and local ales - a favourite amongst locals and visitors alike. The cottage has two bedrooms and sleeps up to four people, there is a wood burner to warm up in front of on cooler days and a decked outside garden area which would be the perfect spot from which to read a book or enjoy a meal alfresco on warmer days. Being centrally located, the cottage is within walking distance of the quay, the shops and the play area. For those who enjoy walking or cycling this is a great place to stay. Pick up the Norfolk Coastal path and in either direction take in the fresh sea air amongst local wildlife which inhabits this area and enjoy breathtaking views. Head west through salty marshland and countryside into Wells-next-the Sea or east into neighbouring Cley which is home to Norfolk Wildlife Trust visitor centre at Cley Marshes where you can sit with a cup of something warm and a cake whilst gazing across the panoramic landscape, you might be lucky enough to spot a Marsh Harrier or two! If you enjoy and adventure be sure to take a boat trip to Blakeney Point where you can see Seals basking in their natural habitat. Some of the longer tour trips allow for an hours stop at the point, why not pack a picnic full of local delights from the delicatessen for a special lunch in a beautiful spot. This really is a lovely place to make treasured family memories.
Size: 2 Bedrooms, Sleeps 4
Nearest beach: 3 Miles
- Will consider: Short breaks
- Access: Car advised
- Nearest amenities: Walking distance
- Pets: This property accepts 2 well behaved dogs - please see our booking terms with regards to pets
- Smoking: Not allowed at this property
- Luxuries: FreeSat TV, DVD player, DAB radio
- General: Electric central heating. Wood burner with starter pack.
- Standard: Kettle, Toaster, Iron
- Utilities: Built-in electric oven, electric hob, fridge with icebox, microwave and washing machine
- Beds: 1 Double, 1 Single, 1 Childs bed (2'6")
- Rooms: Sitting Room, Kitchen/Dining Room, 2 Bedrooms, Shower Room
- Other: Towels, Travel cot, Books and games provided. WiFi.
- Outdoors: Fully enclosed decked courtyard with table and chairs, two deckchairs, charcoal barbeque and bike store
- Access: Designated parking for one car. Additional parking within the loke and nearby roadside.
- Mobile phone signal: Variable
- Good Housekeeping Deposit: Please note that a refundable deposit of £150 is required for this property
You may need to pay an Accidental Damage Deposit or Accidental Damage Deposit Waiver for this property. Where applicable we will contact you in good time before your holiday with further details and to take payment.
Your review here?
Have you visited Dotty's Cottage before? If so, why not consider leaving a review?
Searching For Dog Friendly Places?
The DogFriendly Magazine contains in depth reviews and features of the best places to visit, stay and play.
Find Out More
Dog friendly places near this location
Cottages & Self Catering
|Claremont House||0.1 Miles|
|Sea Breeze||0.1 Miles|
|St Benets||0.1 Miles|
Camping & Caravanning
|The Shieling||1.6 Miles|
|White House Farm||4.6 Miles|
|Foxhills Caravan Club||4.8 Miles|
We have the largest database of dog friendly places to visit, eat and services.
We have a team of DogFriendly scouts who research every venue, either by completing a telephone questionnaire or by visiting and testing it in person.
Where We Are
+44 (0)1480 570009