- Become a DogFriendly Member & receive:
- Bi-monthly e-magazine
- County guides & Dog walking guides
- 10% Discount on 100s of dog friendly properties
- Find Out More
Conichan (4 Guests)
You don’t need to wander far to experience the great outdoors while you’re here. Conichan sits in a 6,500-acre estate, nestled on the north bank of the River Almond amongst some of the most beautiful scenery in Scotland. The property’s ten acres of grounds are fully enclosed to keep sheep and the occasional deer out, and you’ll find a large lawn, a wood and a burn in the grounds too.
A little further afield you’ll find local shops in Crieff, while the historic towns of Dunkeld and Pitlochry are nearby too. Whether you’re visiting the tourist sites or stretching your legs walking amidst the magical scenery of the Sma’ Glen, Conichan is the perfect spot to come home to. Collapse into the comfy sofas in the large drawing room, with its double height beamed ceiling. Or why not relax in the open plan kitchen, snuggling up in front of the log fire? The little ones can entertain themselves having a game of pool in the games room while you enjoy a glass of wine. This holiday at a glance
- Sleeps four guests.
- Bedroom with king size bed, en-suite bathroom and dressing room.
- One ground floor bedroom with zip and link twin bed.
- Ground floor shower room.
- Family bathroom.
- Open fire.
- Fully enclosed garden.
- WiFi (see Notes).
- Children and infants welcome.
- Up to three well-behaved dogs welcome on ground floor only (small additional charge).
- Minimum three night stay.
- Underfloor heating throughout ground floor.
- Oil fired Aga.
- Four-burner gas hob and electric oven.
- Belfast sink.
- Miele dishwasher.
- Two under counter fridges and large fridge freezer.
- Washing machine and tumble dryer.
- Two televisions with Sky TV.
- DVD player.
- Music system.
- Travel cot, high chair and two stairgates available on request.
- Garden furniture and fire pit.
- Three bicycles available.
- Bumper pool table.
- Sma’ Glen is small as Scottish glens go, just four miles or so in length, but it is one of the most beautiful and historic of the lot. There’s evidence of Roman occupation here, and at the northern end of the glen you’ll find Ossian’s Stone, reputedly marking the burial place of the legendary Gaelic bard.
- The picturesque village of Dunkeld is known for Thomas Telford’s bridge over the River Tay, but there are other architectural treasures here too. The village’s brightly coloured 17th century houses are a photogenic feature, and you’ll find the imposing Dunkeld Cathedral dominates the village.
- In the village of Blair Atholl you’ll find Blair Castle, the ancestral home of the Clan Murray. The castle and grounds are open from March to October and events and fairs are often held here. If you’re feeling adventurous, you can take a Land Rover Safari or go pony trekking.
- Perth Museum and Art Gallery is one of Scotland’s oldest museums and has a fascinating collection of objects that reflect the culture and the history of the area.
- If you’re green fingered, you’ll love Drummond Castle Gardens. The formal terraced gardens and glasshouses here are unique, and you can even see a beech tree planted by Queen Victoria.
- Speaking of Queen Victoria, Pitlochry was one of her favourite places to visit, and the town developed as a Victorian resort. The Pitlochry Festival Theatre is open all year round, and in the summer you can see a different play every day.
- If you’re holidaying in September, you might be lucky enough to catch the Pitlochry Highland Games, the last event in the Scottish Highland Games season. There’s a Pipe Band Championship during the games too.
For additional inspiration on what to do within the area, please click here.
Your review here?
Have you visited Conichan (4 Guests) before? If so, why not consider leaving a review?
Searching For Dog Friendly Places?
Find Out More
Dog friendly places near this location
Cottages & Self Catering
|Conichan (8 Guests)||0.0 Miles|
|Loch Monzievaird||6.2 Miles|
|Westerton Lodge - SRRH||6.2 Miles|
We have the largest database of dog friendly places to visit, eat and services.
Where We Are
+44 (0)1480 570009