- Become a DogFriendly Member & receive:
- Bi-monthly e-magazine
- County guides & Dog walking guides
- 10% Discount on 100s of dog friendly properties
- Find Out More
Cockleshells is in a great location for exploring royal West Norfolk. Located at the heart of the historical village of Castle Acre with walking on the Peddars and Nar Valley Way on the doorstep, you are surrounded by some truly beautiful countryside, the Cluniac Priory ruins and a 12th Century Norman Castle. This warm, inviting cottage has a lovely kitchen/dining room with an inglenook and a living room with woodburner on the ground floor. The two upstairs floors feature 3 bedrooms with lovely views across the village green and church and there is a roll top bath to sink in to at the end of the day's exploring. A warm welcome awaits in this comfortable and cosy cottage, there is a pub a short stroll away and a local village shop to hand.
Size: Sleeps up to 6, 3 bedrooms
- Nearest amenities: within walking distance
- Access: Designated parking for 1 large car + roadside parking
- Family Friendly: yes
- Pets: one well behaved pet welcome
- Smoking: Not allowed at this property
- Luxuries: Smart TV, Blu-ray player, CD player, WiFi, Playstation
- General: Oil fired central heating, woodburner
- Standard: Kettle, toaster, iron,
- Utilities: Electric range cooker, microwave, fridge/freezer, dishwasher, washer/dryer
- Rooms: 3 Bedrooms, 1 Bathroom, Living Room, Kitchen/Dining Room
- Beds: 1 double, 2 twins
- Other: Books & games, radio, hairdryer
- Outdoors: Fully enclosed courtyard garden with sofa and coffee table, table & chairs, barbecue. Shed for cycle storage
- Note: the shower has a sloping ceiling, which guests over 6' may find slightly restrictive. Please be aware that the roll top bath is on feet and therefore stands higher than the average bath.
- Mobile signal: good
- Special Offer: Reduced occupancy rate for parties of 4 or less, using 2 bedrooms during low season. Please contact us for further information.
You may need to pay an Accidental Damage Deposit or Accidental Damage Deposit Waiver for this property. Where applicable we will contact you in good time before your holiday with further details and to take payment.
Your review here?
Have you visited Cockleshells before? If so, why not consider leaving a review?
Searching For Dog Friendly Places?
The DogFriendly Magazine contains in depth reviews and features of the best places to visit, stay and play.
Find Out More
Dog friendly places near this location
Cottages & Self Catering
|Church Cottage||0.0 Miles|
|Peddars Cottage||0.1 Miles|
|Pear Tree Cottage||0.1 Miles|
Camping & Caravanning
|Breckland Meadows Touring Park||3.7 Miles|
|Pentney Park Caravan & Camping Site||4.8 Miles|
We have the largest database of dog friendly places to visit, eat and services.
We have a team of DogFriendly scouts who research every venue, either by completing a telephone questionnaire or by visiting and testing it in person.
Where We Are
+44 (0)1480 570009