- Become a DogFriendly Member & receive:
- Bi-monthly e-magazine
- County guides & Dog walking guides
- 10% Discount on 100s of dog friendly properties
- Find Out More
Church Cottage nestles in a quaint spot in rural countryside to the west of Norwich and makes for the perfect bothole for two to enjoy a get-away-from-it-all break at any time of the year, there is also a sofa bed that can be used if you have an occasional guest to stay! Built in the 1800's this former farm workers cottage is conveniently located in the centre of the picturesque village of Lyng and has the benefit of having the local pub as its neighbour- perfect for those who may wish to enjoy a meal out with a short stroll home. Welcoming from the offset this cottage has plenty of character, is nicely furnished and well equipped to include a electric log effect woodburner to warm your toes on cooler days. There is open plan living area downstairs and a bedroom with spacious en suite on the first floor which has a roll top bath. For those wishing to bring your four legged friend this is a great base, park the car up for a few days and take advantage of the nearby footpaths. The owner kindly provides dog towels, a dog bowl and there is an outdoor tap for 'showering down' muddy paws after a long walk.
If you decide to venture and explore you wont be dissapointed. Within 40 minutes you can be in central Norwich visiting many of its historic sites such as the cathedral or castle museum. Or a 40 minute drive to the north takes you to the stunning and diverse Norfolk coast with its sandy beaches, seaside towns and marshland rich with wildlife. The inland waterways of the Norfolk Broads are also worth a visit and comprise of 120 miles of navigable rivers and vast areas of open water (Broads). Hiring a day boat is one of the best ways to explore or there are many footpaths in the area and plenty of places to stop for a slice of cake, a bite to eat or simply to take in the beautiful panoramic views.
Size: Sleeps 2, 1 Bedroom
- Nearest beach: 20 miles
- Will consider: Short breaks
- Access: Car advised
- Nearest amenities: Walking distance
- Family friendly? No
- Pets: One dog welcome, please be aware of our booking information regarding pets
- Smoking: Not allowed at this property
- Luxuries: Smart TV with radio and Free Sat, DVD Player
- General: Electric night store heaters and electric flame effect woodburner
- Standard: Kettle, Toaster, Iron
- Utilities: Free standing electric cooker, microwave, fridge with ice compartment and washerdryer
- Rooms: Open plan room with Sitting, Dining and Kitchen areas, Cloakroom, Bedroom with En-Suite Bathroom
- Beds: 1 Double
- Other: Books and games provided. Iron. WiFi. Please note that if the sofa bed is used for an occasional guest the entrance to the bathroom is via the main bedroom
- Outdoors: Two enclosed patio areas with table and chairs.
- Access: Parking for 2 cars
- Mobile phone signal: Variable
- Good Housekeeping Deposit: Please note that a refundable deposit of £150 is required for this property
You may need to pay an Accidental Damage Deposit or Accidental Damage Deposit Waiver for this property. Where applicable we will contact you in good time before your holiday with further details and to take payment.
Your review here?
Have you visited Church Cottage before? If so, why not consider leaving a review?
Listing Updated: 01/10/2020
Searching For Dog Friendly Places?
The DogFriendly Magazine contains in depth reviews and features of the best places to visit, stay and play.
Find Out More
Dog friendly places near this location
Cottages & Self Catering
|Moor Farm Stable Cottages||3.0 Miles|
|Original Cottages||3.7 Miles|
|Bluebell Barn||4.2 Miles|
Camping & Caravanning
|Hunters Hall||2.6 Miles|
|Swans Harbour||7.1 Miles|
|The Caravan Club Ltd||7.2 Miles|
We have the largest database of dog friendly places to visit, eat and services.
We have a team of DogFriendly scouts who research every venue, either by completing a telephone questionnaire or by visiting and testing it in person.
Where We Are