- Become a DogFriendly Member & receive:
- Bi-monthly e-magazine
- County guides & Dog walking guides
- 10% Discount on 100s of dog friendly properties
- Find Out More
Blencowe is situated on the edge of the Lake District, about four miles from the Lake District National Park. Close at hand is the Air Force National Trust waterfall offering a great combination of a boulder strewn stream for the young at heart to paddle in, a tea shop and a scenic walk up to the peak of Gowbarrow Fell. The property is just over a mile from Greystoke Village which has a lovely village shop, a traditional Lakeland pub, the Boot and Shoe, a heated swimming pool and Greystoke castle with its 3,000 acres of woodland grounds, with the deer park now open for country walks.
Rural Retreats offer two other properties within the grounds of Blencowe Hall, Riverain and Wythburn Cottage, both sleeping six guests. This holiday cottage at a glance
- Sleeps eight guests.
- Four bedrooms, two en-suite shower rooms and two en-suite bathrooms.
- A 5 Star Gold Award winning conversion of part of the Grade II listed sandstone barns within the estate at Blencowe Hall.
- Stunning double height, exceptionally well equipped kitchen with four oven Aga.
- Sandstone fireplace.
- Oak flooring, underfloor heating from a sustainable woodchip boiler.
- Open fire.
- Private garden with sandstone terraces.
- Parking for four vehicles.
- Up to two well behaved dogs are welcome (small additional charge per dog), kept to the ground floor and off the furniture please.
- Catering service available, please contact Lynn Hilditch 07775 733608.
- Secure cycle storage.
- Hot tub available to hire on request. (please see notes)
- Minimum of a three night stay.
Your review here?
Have you visited Cazenovia Hall before? If so, why not consider leaving a review?
Searching For Dog Friendly Places?
The DogFriendly Magazine contains in depth reviews and features of the best places to visit, stay and play.
Find Out More
Dog friendly places near this location
Cottages & Self Catering
|Wythburn Cottage||0.0 Miles|
|Cazenovia Hall & Wythburn Cottage||0.0 Miles|
Camping & Caravanning
|Flusco Wood||2.1 Miles|
|Hillcroft Park||5.5 Miles|
|Troutbeck Head Caravan Club Site||5.8 Miles|
We have the largest database of dog friendly places to visit, eat and services.
We have a team of DogFriendly scouts who research every venue, either by completing a telephone questionnaire or by visiting and testing it in person.
Where We Are
+44 (0)1480 570009