- Become a DogFriendly Member & receive:
- Bi-monthly e-magazine
- County guides & Dog walking guides
- 10% Discount on 100s of dog friendly properties
- Find Out More
The attention to detail is apparent throughout, with cleverly integrated appliances in the kitchen creating a sleek and contemporary feel, and tasteful colour schemes featuring tones of mauve, café au lait and eau de nil. From the kitchen you can step straight out into the private garden, with views onto the lawn and beech hedges of the estate.
You could spend time at Callander just truly getting away from it all, exploring the woodland by the lake in the estate. But the property also puts you in an ideal spot to enjoy some fascinating tourist hotspots, such as Ironbridge Gorge, as well as big hitter attractions like Chester Zoo. However you spend your time, the beauty, style and tranquillity of Callander will be waiting for you at the end of the day. This holiday at a glance
- Sleeps four guests.
- One double bedroom with super king size bed.
- One twin room with zip and link beds (see notes).
- Family bathroom with separate bath and shower.
- Impressive carved fireplace which surrounds a gas fire.
- Beautiful walled garden.
- Private car parking available.
- Children of all ages welcome.
- Dogs welcome (see notes).
- Oven and hob.
- Flat screen television and DVD player.
- iPod dock.
- Highchair, cot and stair gate available on request.
- Garden furniture.
- Barbecue available on request.
- Chester Zoo is one of the UK’s most visited tourist attractions and it’s easy to see why. There’s a staggering 125 acres to explore here, with over 21,000 exotic and endangered animals. While you’re here, pop to Chester for some retail therapy amongst the evocative Roman walls.
- You’ll find the Royal Air Force Museum at Cosford, near Shifnal in Shropshire. This is really four museums in one, where you can see missiles, warplanes, transport and research and development aircraft. There are over 70 magnificent flying machines on display.
- You’ll be surprised what you can find along the M53. Like one of Europe’s largest collection of sharks, at the Blue Planet Aquarium. You can walk under the fearsome creatures in the Underwater Shark Tunnel, or even book your place to get up close and swim with them yourself.
- Set in a beautiful wooded valley, the Ironbridge Gorge Museums bring the innovative spirit of the Industrial Revolution to life. Stroll across the famous iron bridge itself, or become a Victorian for the day in an immersive museum experience.
- Head south down the M6 and you’ll come to the Potteries, home of some of the most famous names in china and porcelain making. Explore some of the history of the ‘Five Towns’ and of pottery making by visiting The World of Wedgwood, where you can even have a go at flinging a pot.
- If you’ve brought the little ones with you then the chances are they’ll love a day at Alton Towers. There are plenty of stomach-churning rides like Oblivion and the Black Hole, but there’s lots to keep the grown ups entertained too. For adventures that are perhaps slightly more sedate, try Waterworld at Festival Park in Etruria.
- The ancestral home of the Earl of Lichfield, Shugborough Hallis a magnificent Georgian manor house that is being restored as a 19th century working estate. Visit the house to see some of the treasures on display, or bring the little ones to the working farm and agricultural museum.
For additional inspiration on what to do within the area, please click here.
Your review here?
Have you visited Callander Cottage before? If so, why not consider leaving a review?
Searching For Dog Friendly Places?
Find Out More
Dog friendly places near this location
Cottages & Self Catering
|Malbanc Cottage||0.0 Miles|
|Cotton Cottage||0.0 Miles|
Camping & Caravanning
|Cotton Arms||2.3 Miles|
|Yew Tree Caravan & Camp Site||4.2 Miles|
|Grindley Brook Wharf Caravan & Camp Site||4.2 Miles|
We have the largest database of dog friendly places to visit, eat and services.
Where We Are
+44 (0)1480 570009