- Become a DogFriendly Member & receive:
- Bi-monthly e-magazine
- County guides & Dog walking guides
- 10% Discount on 100s of dog friendly properties
- Find Out More
Bwthyn Penarth Fawr
Penarth Fawr is a beautifully converted, Grade 2 cottage in a tranquil and historic location. Nestled between the bustling seaside towns of Cricieth and Pwllheli on the Llyn Peninsula and the majestic mountains of Snowdonia National Park, this really is an idyllic retreat that also offers plenty to do and see. With its welcoming woodburner and stable door leading to an enclosed garden, this spacious, pet-friendly cottage offers plenty of style and inspiration.
As an added bonus, the cottage also overlooks Penarth Fawr Medieval House, one of Wales best preserved Medieval Gentry Hall Houses dating to 1460. The cottage garden area is linked to the garden of the Medieval House which can also be accessed during your stay. The cottage also offers access a wide range of activities and attractions, including the Wales Coast Path, golden beaches and Pwllheli Marina, Cricieth Castle, Glasfryn Parc Activity Centre, Plas Glyn y Weddw Arts Centre and Zip World. Not to mention the steam railway in the harbour town of Porthmadog, and the iconic Welsh/Italian village of Portmeirion and beautiful coastal villages such as Abersoch, Llanbedrog and Aberdaron.
- Size – sleeps eight in four bedrooms.
- Beds – one king size bed, two doubles, 1 twin.
- Rooms – Ground floor: open plan living area with lounge and dining area, kitchen, twin bedroom and bathroom. Upstairs: king-size bedroom, 2 double bedrooms and shower room.
- Kitchen and utilities – fully-equipped kitchen includes a fridge/freezer and microwave, washing/dryer and dishwasher.
- Entertainment – 50” TV with DVD player. Wifi available.
- For families – travel cot, high chair and stair gate available on request. Please bring your own cot linen.
- Outside – enclosed private garden with a large garden table and BBQ area. The cottage garden extends into the garden of the 15th Century Medieval Hall which can also be enjoyed in privacy after 5pm.
- Parking – plenty of private parking with extra parking available on site for boats etc.
- General – heating and electricity included. Starter pack provided for the log burner (additional logs available for £5 per bag). Bed linen, towels and hairdryer provided. Welcome pack includes tea and coffee, sugar, local dairy milk and Bara Brith.
- Pets - maximum 2 dogs allowed @ £25 per dog (non-carpeted areas on ground floor only)
- Notes – no smoking inside the cottage. You may need to pay an Accidental Damage Deposit or Accidental Damage Deposit Waiver for this property. Where applicable we will contact you in good time before your holiday with further details and to take payment.
Your review here?
Have you visited Bwthyn Penarth Fawr before? If so, why not consider leaving a review?
Searching For Dog Friendly Places?
Find Out More
Dog friendly places near this location
Cottages & Self Catering
|Ysgubor Degwm||0.2 Miles|
|Hafan Y Mor Holiday Park||0.9 Miles|
We have the largest database of dog friendly places to visit, eat and services.
Where We Are
+44 (0)1480 570009