- Become a DogFriendly Member & receive:
- Bi-monthly e-magazine
- County guides & Dog walking guides
- 10% Discount on 100s of dog friendly properties
- Find Out More
Brook Cottage (Wiltshire)
Brook Cottage was modernised to provide cosy and comfortable accommodation whilst retaining many period features including beamed ceilings. It is centrally located in the quiet, attractive village of Lower South Wraxall and The Long Arms pub is just a short walk across the fields to the upper village. You are also just three miles north of Bradford on Avon with its many restaurants, pubs, boutiques, independent shops, fine antiques shops and galleries. This holiday cottage at a glance
- Sleeps four guests.
- Two bedrooms.
- One bathroom with separate shower.
- Wood burning stove.
- Baby in own moses basket welcome
- Lovely landscaped garden.
- Two well behaved dogs welcome (small additional charge and to be kept downstairs please).
- Parking for one vehicle - the approach to the cottage is via a pathway from Brook's parking spot, whose driveway is shared with The Ottery.
- Minimum of a three night stay.
- Many period features including beamed ceilings.
- Redfyre electric oven with induction hob, microwave, dishwasher, washing machine, tumble dryer.
- Digital TV.
- Garden furniture.
- The Longs Arms pub is just a short walk across the fields to the upper village and free range eggs are available at the farm a short walk down the lane.
- Visit nearby Bradford on Avon.
- Within a 30 minute drive you can discover the beautiful villages of Castle Combe and Lacock. Castle Combe is frequently voted the prettiest village in England and Lacock is almost entirely owned by the National Trust and is home to the Fox Talbot Museum of Photography and Lacock Abbey. Lacock is often used as a film set for period dramas such as Pride and Prejudice and Cranham and was used in the Harry Potter films. Castle Combe was the set for the original Dr Dolittle film and, more recently, Warhorse.
- A short drive away is the beautiful, historic Roman town of Bath which has been designated as a UNESCO World Heritage Site. If you fancy a day of culture there are endless things to visit such as: The Roman Baths - www.romanbaths.co.uk
- A variety of productions can be seen at the Theatre Royal.
- Jane Austen Centre - www.janeausten.co.uk Relax and indulge at the Thermae Bath Spa (open air rooftop swimming and steam rooms). For breakfast or lunch try a highly recommended sweet or savoury bun at Sally Lunn's Teashop, one of the oldest buildings in Bath. Bath Abbey.
For additional inspiration on what to do within the area, please click here.
Your review here?
Have you visited Brook Cottage (Wiltshire) before? If so, why not consider leaving a review?
Searching For Dog Friendly Places?
Find Out More
Dog friendly places near this location
Cottages & Self Catering
|Cumberwell Country Cottages||1.1 Miles|
|Beeches Farmhouse Rooms & Cottages||1.9 Miles|
|Holly Cottage||1.9 Miles|
Camping & Caravanning
|Rocks East Woodland||4.7 Miles|
|Bath Marina & Caravan Park||7.1 Miles|
|Newton Mill Caravan & Camping Park||7.3 Miles|
We have the largest database of dog friendly places to visit, eat and services.
Where We Are
+44 (0)1480 570009