- Become a DogFriendly Member & receive:
- Bi-monthly e-magazine
- County guides & Dog walking guides
- 10% Discount on 100s of dog friendly properties
- Find Out More
Brazier by BBQ
Blaencwm front from West
Blaencwm from rear
View from SW corner towards National Botanic Garden of Wales
Blaencwm front garden looking towards paddock
View to West from rear of garden
Garden NW corner
Stables - one for use as kennel
Living room with woodburner
Living Room window overlooking garden and paddock
Kitchen with views over garden and fields
double bedroom downstairs
King size bedroom
King size bedroom upstairs ensuite shwer room
Table tennis in Farm Shed
Clump flower bed
Rose bed by BBQ
Stone built BBQ
Dog friendly comfortable family feel prvately situated farmhouse near Llandeilo sleeps six totally hidden with nearest house half a mile away set in 49 acres of pasture land and adjacent to 90 acres of newly replanted woodland.. Great place to relax and have a holiday with family and friends, for children to expxplore and adventure out or to WFH in a rural setting for a change with good Wifi and 4G. Many famous dog friendly beaches within easy reach plus Brecha Forest and Brecon Beacons.Read More
Blaencwm means Head of the Valley in Welsh and offers relaxing peace with not a house in sight for miles and great opportunities to explore both the property and the adjoining area. The farm is approached by its own private drive It is a great holiday home in its stunning setting, with uninterrupted views for 15 miles over the Towy Valley below. The total absence of light pollution makes for great stargazing. Welsh black mountain and Jacobs sheep graze the land and buzzards, kites, jays and woodpeckers nest in the woods below.
There are two pubs within three miles of the farm and other places to eat out in Llandeilo, Carmarthen and the surrounding area. Blaencwm comfortably accommodates six guests in three bedrooms, with two bathrooms (one en suite), a large sitting room with woodburner, a games area and lots of open space to explore and spend time with family and friends.
South Wales offers some of the best sandy beaches to be found in the UK…on the Gower, Carmarthen Bay (Pembrey and Tenby) and Pembrokeshire coastline. The Brecon Beacons National Park, is an easy drive. Apart from great walks locally, the coastline and National Park offer walks for all ages… For cyclists there are long sweeping, sometimes hilly (!) routes for road cyclists and purpose built tracks for mountain bikers in Brecha Forest.
Local attractions include Dinefwr, Dryslwyn and Carreg Cennen Castles and Talley Abbey and Lakes. The National Botanic Gardens of Wales and Aberglasney Gardens are both within half an hour. Folly Farm is a very popular place to take children. Seals and dolphins are to be found off Cardigan Bay.
The house itself has plenty to offer the holidaymaker with its large lawn area in front, extensive patios, purpose built outside barbecue area, farm shed with indoor area for darts and table tennis and for young children to play, plus plenty of bike storage. Inside you can chill out on reclining furniture and relax by the woodburner read, play games or watch Sky TV including Sky Sports….
Blaencwm is an attractive old stone built farmhouse with accommodation on two floors.
- Entrance porch leading into hallway with tiled floor that is a feature of the ground floor. Doors open into a living room ad Double Bedroom.
- Huge Family/Living Room with views over to the Towy Valley, a large stone fireplace and woodburner. A large reclining sofa and armchairs provide ample seating for everyone to settle back and watch the Smart TV which has Sky TV and Sky Sports channels There is a large selection of books and games for adults and children.
- Double bedroom with built in wardrobe
- Large kitchen with great views, 7 burner gas range, cupboards well equipped with crockery, glasses and utensils and all other items necessary to cook up meals for up to eight people. Dishwasher is fitted.
- Downstairs bathroom with bath, shower (over bath), WC, basin and heated towel rail
- Utility Room (shared with the owner) with Bosch washing machine, tumble dryer
- Main bedroom with views over Towy Valley, king size bed, modern ensuite with shower, WC and a handbasin and pitch pine floor. Quality bedding, linens, bath and hand towels are provided for every bedroom.
- Twin Bedroom with views over Towy Valley with two new single beds, bedside table with reading lights and built in wardrobe.
- The farmhouse itself stands within grounds that include a paddock, recently planted woodland, stream below, extensive patio areas that attract the sun all day with two picnic benches for 6 people to sit either side of the house, and large lawned area to kick a football, etc.
- One timber stable made into a kennel with the option to use the wooden stable or Weldmesh doors - both are lockable.
- Farm Shed with indoor area for darts and table tennis and for young children to play plus plenty of bike storage and indoor garaging if required.
- Plenty of room to park multiple cars by the house.
Two BBQ areas -one stone built for burning charcoal and one rustic log seated area in the paddock burning wood.
- Utilities, Wifi, Sky TV, bedlinen, bath towels and the initial fuel for the woodburner are included. Guests are required to provide their own towels for the beach. Some beach gear may be available for use.
Your review here?
Have you visited Blaencwm before? If so, why not consider leaving a review?
Listing Updated: 19/09/2021
Searching For Dog Friendly Places?
The DogFriendly Magazine contains in depth reviews and features of the best places to visit, stay and play.
Find Out More
Dog friendly places near this location
Cottages & Self Catering
|Llety Hendre||4.4 Miles|
|Penybryn Cottages||6.7 Miles|
|Sunnyside Lodge||7.0 Miles|
We have the largest database of dog friendly places to visit, eat and services.
We have a team of DogFriendly scouts who research every venue, either by completing a telephone questionnaire or by visiting and testing it in person.
Where We Are