- Become a DogFriendly Member & receive:
- Bi-monthly e-magazine
- County guides & Dog walking guides
- 10% Discount on 100s of dog friendly properties
- Find Out More
Berry Wood Barn
The Barn whilst be perfectly situated in the peace and quiet of the Monmouthshire countryside boast all mod con and comforts readily available including underfloor heating throughout, handmade curtains to make the barn cosy in the evenings when the fire is lit and many antiques and lovely pictures providing a homely feel.
The kitchen is a large light filled room linking the two barns. There is an antique table which comfortably seating for 12, a Lacanche range with 2 ovens and 5 rings on the hob, a dishwasher and a butler’s sink. French windows open directly onto a sheltered courtyard with a very large bbq and a table tennis table. On the other side the doors open onto a terrace which looks down the valley, there is a large sunbed for balmy days and an iron wood table from Bali which seats twelve.
A few steps up from the kitchen is the sitting room with a large open fireplace, comfortable sofa and chairs and French windows that open onto the courtyard. There are book shelves stacked with lots of books for young and old to curl up with on a rainy day by the fire.
The bedrooms have been carefully designed to offer a calming and stylish stay. The luxurious master bedroom has an ensuite bathroom with a roll top bath and two basins, French windows open onto its own terrace with a table and chairs and stunning views. There are 5 additional bedrooms. Four bedrooms have super king size beds and one bedroom has two large singles all of which have Egyptian cotton bed linen.
Outside you can marvel at the B lack Mountains, best enjoyed on a summers evening with a glass of something chilled on the terrace or frolic in the 3.5 acres of land surrounding the house. This is a beautiful property to explore the local area and enjoy activities while being able to relax and unwind in comfortable surroundings.
At Oliver’s Travels we pride ourselves on going that little bit further for our guests. If there is anything you would like to arrange for your stay, please contact the Oliver’s VIP Concierge Team who will be happy to help. We can usually help you arrange any of the following:
- Maid service/extra cleaning
- Local day-trips or tours
- Airport pick-up/drop-off
- Babysitting service
- Welcome hamper/pre-stocked fridge
This is by no means an exhaustive list, so please just contact Oliver’s VIP Concierge Team to help you arrange any of those little extras that can really make the difference.
- Kitchen: Large and fully equipped kitchen. The kitchen has a Lacanche electric range with 2 ovens and 5 rings on the hob, fridge, freezer (in the cortyard) and microwave available. There is massive French dining table and chairs with plenty of space for twelve guests and two sets of French doors that open onto the courtyard.
- Drawing room with open fire, elegant furniture and French windows that open onto the courtyard
- Playroom/den with huge sofa, large tv, dvd, wi-fi and Sky Sports
From the sitting room, stairs lead up to
- Bedroom 1: Super king-size bed (which can be made into twins by request at the time of booking)
- Bedroom 2: Super king-size beds (which can be made into twins by request at the time of booking)
- Family bathroom: With shower, toilet, hand basin, has a white clawfoot bath, tiled floor and tiles and black and white photographic portraits.
Downstairs and up a second set of stair you will a further 3 bedrooms.
- Bedroom 3: The master bedroom has super-king size bed, en-suite bathroom with roll top bath, two basins and French doors leading to private terrace. There is an interconnecting door to bedroom 4
- Bedroom 4: This is an adjoin room to the master bedroom with a cot and single bed
- Bedroom 5: Super king-size beds (which can be made into twins by request at the time of booking)
- Bedroom 6: Super king-size beds (which can be made into twins by request at the time of booking)
- Bathroom: bathroom with a shower and claw footed bath
- The house is set within 3.5 acres of land, there is a flat grass lawn called the football pitch and a trampoline
- BBQ and garden furniture available in the summer months
- Table tennis
Your review here?
Have you visited Berry Wood Barn before? If so, why not consider leaving a review?
Searching For Dog Friendly Places?
The DogFriendly Magazine contains in depth reviews and features of the best places to visit, stay and play.
Find Out More
Dog friendly places near this location
Cottages & Self Catering
|The Cabin||0.8 Miles|
|The Lodge, Lower Trefedw||0.8 Miles|
|Hillcrest Cottage||3.3 Miles|
We have the largest database of dog friendly places to visit, eat and services.
We have a team of DogFriendly scouts who research every venue, either by completing a telephone questionnaire or by visiting and testing it in person.
Where We Are
+44 (0)1480 570009