- Become a DogFriendly Member & receive:
- Bi-monthly e-magazine
- County guides & Dog walking guides
- 10% Discount on 100s of dog friendly properties
- Find Out More
Take your time driving on the winding, narrow lane from the village as you soak up the tranquil atmosphere of this superb location. Your enormous open-plan living space is perfectly crafted into areas for relaxing, dining and cooking, with sumptuous sofas and a vibrant array of chairs around the large wall-mounted TV, with a set of large patio doors to one side through which natural light floods into the room, creating a warm, welcoming environment. To one side there is also a log burning stove, so you can stay warm and cosy even on the cooler evenings. At the far end of the room the large family dining area extends away from the living room with tons of room for all to gather and enjoy a feast together!
For your convenience, the kitchen sits alongside this area, continuing the modern, open-plan style, and is quite the chef’s dream! Two large fridges, a range cooker with a five-ring gas hob and electric and gas double ovens, a dishwasher and microwave are all assembled within this sparkling modern delight, with tons of work-space to boot! From here you can access the utility room in which you will also find a washing machine and tumble dryer. There is also a guest WC on this ground floor.
There are six elegant bedrooms in total: four super-king size rooms, one king-size and one double room, all of which include a wall-mounted TV and totally cosy and sophisticated contemporary furnishing! Five of the rooms have delightful ensuite bathrooms, while the sixth has a full family bathroom just opposite it. A range of free-standing bathtubs and double, walk-in showers will make you feel totally pampered, while all six bathrooms have underfloor heating adding to the super comfortable ambience of the entire property for your optimum enjoyment!
And finally, the perfect spot for a little peaceful relaxation, your vibrant garden, with its fragrant flowerbeds and expansive lawn, has all the space you need for enjoying a cuppa in the sunshine! A patio on either side of the house, as well as a large lawn with space to run around, ensure all the group can get out and enjoy the fine weather together.
Just a mile away is the majestic Lake Windermere, the largest in the country! And what’s more, you’re just a five-minute walk from the charming shops, restaurants and cafes of the village of Ambleside! For those looking to get out and about in this breath-taking countryside, walks of all kinds, including the iconic Fairfield Horseshoe walk which goes past the front door, can be enjoyed literally from the doorstep. As well as mountain bike routes to suit all levels!
At Oliver’s Travels we pride ourselves on going that little bit further for our guests. From private chefs to babysitters we can help you arrange those little extras that make it a truly memorable holiday. Simply fill in the concierge request form or contact the Oliver’s Concierge Team who will be happy to help. We can typically help you arrange any of the following:
- Maid service/extra cleaning
- Private chef/cook/catering
- Welcome hamper/pre-stocked fridge
- Local day-trips or tours
- Airport pick-up/drop-off
- Babysitting/childcare services
Please note that all extras are subject to availability and must be requested in advance of the holiday (prices on request). Due to some rural/remote locations, not all services will be available at all properties. However, we will always do our best to fulfil your requests!
- Kitchen with marble kitchen worktops, Range cooker with 5 ring gas hob and gas and electric double ovens, Two fridges (with freezer compartment), Dishwasher and Microwave
- Large family dining table
- Open-plan living area with large comfortable leather corner sofa, smaller sofas and armchairs arranged around the Wall-mounted TV Lounge area with gas log flame effect stove
- Snug area with leather sofa, log burning stove and large screen TV
- Guest WC
- Bedroom with king-size bed, and complemented by an ensuite shower room with walk in shower, basin and WC
- Bedroom with king-size bed, ensuite shower room with walk in shower, basin and WC with dual aspect views and glimpses of Lake Windermere
- Bedroom with super king-size bed (or twin-bedded room, please specify your preference when booking)
- Bedroom with double bed, ensuite shower room with walk in shower, basin and WC
- Bedroom with super king-size bed, ensuite room with bath/shower, WC and basin
- Family bathroom with bath and shower
- Master bedroom suite with super-king-sized bedroom, dressing room and luxurious ensuite bathroom with double ended feature bath, basin and WC
- Large dining patio out front
- Second south west facing patio, with furniture
- Sloping, lawned garden with planted borders with mature shrubs and trees
- Garage with freezer, secure bike/canoe storage
- Washing machine & tumble dryer
- Parking for six cars
Your review here?
Have you visited Ambleside House before? If so, why not consider leaving a review?
Searching For Dog Friendly Places?
The DogFriendly Magazine contains in depth reviews and features of the best places to visit, stay and play.
Find Out More
Dog friendly places near this location
Cottages & Self Catering
|Ellerview Studio||0.5 Miles|
|Ellerview House||0.5 Miles|
|Long Crag Annexe||0.6 Miles|
Camping & Caravanning
|Rydal Hall||0.9 Miles|
|Waterfoot Caravan Park||2.3 Miles|
|Low Wray Campsite||3.0 Miles|
We have the largest database of dog friendly places to visit, eat and services.
We have a team of DogFriendly scouts who research every venue, either by completing a telephone questionnaire or by visiting and testing it in person.
Where We Are
+44 (0)1480 570009