- Become a DogFriendly Member & receive:
- Bi-monthly e-magazine
- County guides & Dog walking guides
- 10% Discount on 100s of dog friendly properties
- Find Out More
39 Foxtail Cottage (4 Guests)
At the ground level you will be greeted via an entrance hall into the impressive, dual aspect sitting and dining area with Cotswold stone inglenook fireplace, oak flooring and tasteful furnishings, perfect for retiring to when evening draws in. Downstairs at the lower ground level is a delightful surprise with a beautiful kitchen complete with Aga, leading into the light filled garden room, furnished as a second sitting room to enjoy the wonderful rear views by day and features bi-folding doors out to the decked area overlooking the pretty garden. The garden leads you down a few steps to a large sun terrace with sun loungers, a bistro set, Weber charcoal barbecue and chiminea. There are often deer in the park directly behind the sun terrace and if you are lucky, they will wander right up to the perimeter fence! The two charming first floor bedrooms are beautifully presented and will suit either two couples or a family with young children who are happy to share the double bed in the second bedroom. On this level there is also a modern shower room with a large walk-in shower.
Blockley is a delightful golden stone village, situated within the rolling hills of the North Cotswolds between Moreton-in-Marsh (with direct rail links to London Paddington) and Chipping Campden, with an abundance of walks over the surrounding countryside. Blockley's beautiful church, churchyard and vicarage are used for the filming of "Father Brown", a period BBC detective drama. The village boasts many other historic buildings including a converted water mill along the brook; a fabulous community run café and well stocked shop and two pubs within walking distance. Also nearby are Stow-on-the-Wold, Broadway, Bourton-on-the-Water and many well-known gardens including Mill Dene Gardens within the village (open during May and June). This holiday at a glance
- Sleeps four guests.
- Two double bedrooms, one 5' king-size bed and a 4'6 double bed.
- Shower room.
- Open fire.
- Landscaped garden with stunning views.
- On-street parking on the quiet road outside the property.
- Children and infants welcome.
- One well behaved dog welcome (small additional charge).
- Minimum two night stay.
- Combination microwave/grill/oven.
- Washing machine.
- Two Smart TVs with Netflix.
- Two digital radios.
- iPod dock.
- Underfloor heating in garden room.
- Books and games.
- Highchair, travel cot and two stairgates are available on request. Portable black-out blind, baby changing mat, baby bath and microwave steriliser provided.
- Lockable gun cabinet for those who wish to bring their own licensed gun for clay pigeon shooting in the area.
- Garden furniture and sun loungers.
- Weber charcoal barbecue.
- Foxtail Cottage is situated in the village of Blockley, just up the road from one of the Cotswolds’ most iconic towns, Moreton-in-Marsh, with its honey-coloured stone buildings lining the Fosse Way. Come and wander along the meandering streets, do some window shopping at the independent boutiques and stop and enjoy the refreshments in one of the many tea rooms.
- Stretching over 56 acres, Batsford Arboretum is home to an incredible 2,850 labelled specimens of tree. With a large garden centre and café, it’s a lovely place to visit any time of year, but the spring colours are particularly photogenic – and if you’re here in the autumn, don’t miss the fiery reds and oranges of the Japanese maples.
- Just up the road from Batsford Arboretum is the Cotswold Falconry Centre, where you’ll find over 130 birds of 60 different species. You can come and watch the daily flying displays, stroll past the aviaries and book for special events like owl evenings or eagle days.
- Dating back to the early 1600s, Chastleton House is a unique time capsule. The property was handed over to the National Trust in 1991, having never been modernised or renovated much throughout its 400-year history. It’s a fascinating day out, and has links to the Gunpowder Plot, Bonnie Prince Charlie and even the game of croquet.
- Foxtail Cottage has a lockable gun safe, so if you would like to bring your own licensed gun and test your aim while you’re here, there are plenty of clay pigeon shoots nearby. You could try Rob Ireland’s Activity Days, just three miles or so from Moreton-in-Marsh.
- The countryside all around you at Foxtail Cottage is magical, but if you yearn for a few town comforts then Cheltenham is just a short drive away. You’ll find some familiar retail names along the pedestrianised Promenade, as well as independent boutiques and restaurants in the Montpellier area. Depending on the time of year you visit, you might get to catch the Literature or Jazz Festival. And don’t forget Cheltenham Racecourse, it’s always an exhilarating day out.
- Shakespeare's Stratford-upon-Avon is just a 30 minute drive away, with the journey taking you through the charming Broad Campden and Chipping Campden.
- Visit one of many beautiful homes and gardens such as Mill Dene Gardens, Sezincote House and Gardens or Snowshill Lavender Farm.
For additional inspiration on what to do within the area, please click here.
Your review here?
Have you visited 39 Foxtail Cottage (4 Guests) before? If so, why not consider leaving a review?
Searching For Dog Friendly Places?
The DogFriendly Magazine contains in depth reviews and features of the best places to visit, stay and play.
Find Out More
Dog friendly places near this location
Cottages & Self Catering
|Murrayfield Cottage||0.0 Miles|
|39 Foxtail Cottage (2 Guests)||0.0 Miles|
|Briar Cottage||0.0 Miles|
Camping & Caravanning
|Fosseway Farm||3.3 Miles|
|Cotswold Farm Park||6.8 Miles|
|Hayles Fruit Farm||7.9 Miles|
We have the largest database of dog friendly places to visit, eat and services.
We have a team of DogFriendly scouts who research every venue, either by completing a telephone questionnaire or by visiting and testing it in person.
Where We Are
+44 (0)1480 570009