- Become a DogFriendly Member & receive:
- Bi-monthly e-magazine
- County guides & Dog walking guides
- 10% Discount on 100s of dog friendly properties
- Find Out More
The Granary, Great Glemham
The ultimate rural retreat… this beautiful barn conversion ticks all the boxes, perfect for a family holiday in Suffolk with the dogs and kids.
Sitting on a small hilltop, The Granary has lovely views over the rooftops, countryside and woodland. This beautiful self catering holiday home has undergone recent refurbishment and provides excellent accommodation for four guests in two bedrooms. Interiors are stylish, finished to a very high standard offering comfortable, easy living with beamed ceilings and cottage style furnishings. Outside there’s a lovely lawned garden with a swing, a loggia terrace area for alfresco dining and plenty of parking.
Get out and about and explore the excellent network of footpaths around the cottage. The nearby Woodland Trust area Pound Farm is a wonderful mix of woodland, orchard, grassy races, wildflower meadows and ponds - all 250 or so acres of it fenced - great for dog walking. It’s just a short drive (of a couple of hours’ walk) to Framlingham, a fascinating market town with an impressive 12th-century curtain-walled castle, which still dominates the town. Be sure to stop off for lunch or dinner too, there are some excellent cafes, pubs and restaurants in the town. Alternatively, head to Southwold for a day on the beach, stroll along the prom and enjoy some of the best fish and chips!
Framlingham 4 miles, Woodbridge 10 miles, Aldeburgh 9 miles, Orford 12 miles, Southwold 18 miles.
Why we love this property… a beautiful converted barn in a stunning location, simply kick off your shoes and relax - perfect at any time of year.
- Sitting room: sofas, writing desk, TV with Freeview, DVD player.
- Kitchen: electric hob and oven, fridge, freezer, dishwasher, 1.5 bowl sink, microwave.
- Dining room: table, 4 chairs, dresser.
- External utility room: washing machine, WC.
- Bathroom: roll-top claw-footed bath with handheld shower, WC, was hand basin.
- Master bedroom: king-size bed, 2-seater sofa, chest of drawers, built-in wardrobe.
- Ensuite bathroom: bath with shower over, WC, wash hand basin.
- Bedroom 2: twin beds, bedside table, lamps, chest of drawers. Hanging space in cupboard on landing.
- Outside: rear garden is laid mainly to lawn plus terraced area with garden furniture, and barbeque, please supply your own charcoal.
- Parking: parking for several cars to the front of the property. Undercover parking is also available for one car, and/or storage for bikes, in the adjoining barn.
- Sleeps: 4 in 2 bedrooms.
- Pets: 2 well-behaved dogs are welcome, but please don't allow them upstairs.
- Heating: underfloor heating on the ground floor, radiators on the first floor powered by an eco-friendly ground source heating unit.
- Notes: WiFi - internet reception can be patchy and the connection provided should NOT be relied on for work use, unsuitable for games or downloading of films. Please bring connection cables as you may have to attach your laptop to the router. Excessive use of the internet will be charged at cost. Bed linen and towels (but not beach towels) are provided. If using the travel cot, please provide your own bedding. No smoking. Check in: 4pm. Check out: 10am.
Your review here?
Have you visited The Granary, Great Glemham before? If so, why not consider leaving a review?
Searching For Dog Friendly Places?
Find Out More
Dog friendly places near this location
Cottages & Self Catering
|Simpers Drift||0.5 Miles|
|Courtyard Cottage, Poplar Farm Barn||1.6 Miles|
|Sweffling Hall||1.6 Miles|
Camping & Caravanning
|Mill Hill Caravan & Camping||7.3 Miles|
|Gipping Valley Glamping||8.9 Miles|
|Lantern and Larks||9.1 Miles|
We have the largest database of dog friendly places to visit, eat and services.
Where We Are
+44 (0)1480 570009