- Become a DogFriendly Member & receive:
- Bi-monthly e-magazine
- County guides & Dog walking guides
- 10% Discount on 100s of dog friendly properties
- Find Out More
Colleton Hall and East Wing
|NEW & EXCLUSIVE TO OLIVER’S TRAVELS – 2019
Welcome to the stunning grade II listed Colleton Hall and East Wing. It holds a truly marvellous location, nestled within thirty-eight acres of private woodland and parkland, it offers those fortunate enough to stay the perfect country escape where they can enjoy total tranquillity. Its unspoilt location, set between Exmoor to the north and Dartmoor to the south, makes Colleton the perfect choice for those wishing to really explore Devon and all that it has to offer. While you will be staying in an area boasting rolling countryside, moorlands and valleys, the rugged north Devon coastline with its gorgeous beaches, is just a short car journey away.
The home boasts a rich and fascinating history and while it is believed to date back to Elizabethan times, Sir James Roupell Colleton purchased the Hall in 1833 and spent several years upgrading the house enhancing the existing Georgian features; today’s style and architecture reflect this. In recent years, Colleton Hall has been completely refurbished by the present owners, revealing original features and now seamlessly blends its original character and charm with modern interiors and updated furnishings. Colleton Hall can comfortably accommodate up to twelve guests across six, well- appointed bedrooms. On the ground floor is the main living accommodation, the four grand reception rooms including a grand gothic reception hall are all south facing, overlooking the impressive grounds with doors leading onto the terraces. The large, family kitchen boasts all the tools a budding chef could possibly need! Upstairs on the first floor are the six bedrooms, three king-size doubles, two double rooms and a children’s bunk bed room, each with en-suite bathroom or shower room. There are terraces from the West Wing bedroom and also the master en-suite overlooking the lake and parkland in the distance.
Large groups can be comfortably accommodated in the additional East Wing, taking the total number of guests up to 18. The stylish East Wing is a separate annex with a private entrance hall, living room, kitchen and 3 well-appointed bedrooms. Making it ideal for young families or older members of the party who require additional privacy.
The real wow factor can be found outside, the grounds are south facing which allows guests to enjoy wonderful countryside views. The expansive grounds offer the opportunity for long walks through the totally private woodland alongside the stream which flows to the Little Dart River. The children are bound to enjoy wildlife spotting with the opportunity to see a range of diverse wildlife (including red deer) and birdlife!
Welcome Pack includes:
- Prosecco and chocolates
- Fresh flowers in all rooms
- Beer fridge stocked with beer
- Pantry bits - e.g. olive oil, coffee, tea, herbs, fruit, lemons etc
- The owner is more than happy for guests to order an online shop to the house prior to travel so that the cupboards & fridge are fully stocked for their arrival. The service is complimentary and should be arranged with the owner prior to travel.
- The owner can arrange for additional cleaning throughout your stay for an approximate additional charge of £20 per hour.
- The owner is happy to accept external caterers and has a selection he can recommend, please just enquire.
At Oliver’s Travels we pride ourselves on going that little bit further for our guests. From private chefs to babysitters we can help you arrange those little extras that make it a truly memorable holiday. Simply fill in the concierge request form or contact the Oliver’s Concierge Team who will be happy to help. We can typically help you arrange any of the following:
- Private chef/cook/catering
- Welcome hamper/pre-stocked fridge
- Local day-trips or tours
- Airport pick-up/drop-off
- Babysitting/childcare services
Please note that all extras are subject to availability and must be requested in advance of the holiday (prices on request). Due to some rural/remote locations, not all services will be available at all properties. However, we will always do our best to fulfill your requests!
EASTER OFFER- Any guests arriving between the 12th -26th of April 2019 can enjoy a champagne reception on arrival, on Easter Sunday, there will be a magical Easter Egg Hunt in the 25 acre private woodland. Offer valid from the 27th of February 2019.
INTRODUCTORY OFFER - Special introductory rates has been applied to all 2019 bookings. Please see the ‘rates’ tab for discounted pricing. Offer valid from 29th January 2019.
COLLETON HALL | 6 Bedrooms & 6 Bathrooms | Sleeps 12
- Main hall
- Drawing room with open fireplace
- Dining room with 18 seater regency dining table and log burner
- Grand reception hall with sweeping staircase
- Kitchen with electric range cooker, combi microwave, large larder fridge, dishwasher, wood burner and built-in in Bosch coffee machine and smart TV
- Pantry with wine chiller
- Catering kitchen/ utility room with AGA, electric hob, dishwsher, larder, fridge, upright freezer & two washing machines
- Games room with quarter size snooker/pool table
- Good size boot-room
- 2 downstairs cloakrooms
There are two staircases leading to:
- Master bedroom with king-size bed, luxury en-suite bathroom, smart TV and access to private terrace
- Bedroom with king-size bed, double size en-suite shower room, smart TV and access to private terrace
- Bedroom with king-size bed, smart TV and en-suite bathroom
- Bedroom with double bed, smart TV and en-suite shower-room
- Bedroom with double bed, smart TV and en-suite bathroom
- Children's bedroom with single bed or bunk beds with en-suite bathroom
EAST WING | 3 Bedrooms & 2 Bathrooms | Sleeps 6
- Open plan ground floor with sitting area, dining table and kitchen with central island
- Kitchen comprises electric range cooker, combi microwave, dishwasher, fridge/freezer and washer/drier
- Master Bedroom with Double bed and smart TV with ensuite shower room with hand basin, WC and shower
- Bedroom with twin Single beds
- Bedroom with double bed
- Family Bathroom with handbasin, WC and bath with shower over.
- All bedrooms face South with views over the lake and Park.
- 3 acres of gardens
- 10 acres of parkland including a walkway through a bluebell dell
- 25 acres of private woodland
- Picnic areas
- Gas barbecue
- Spring-fed lake (ideal for the canoe or for those that fancy a dark water swim)
- Sonos sound system to all ground floor rooms with sub-woofer in the reception hall
- Baby grand piano
- Wi-Fi with CAT6 cabling
- USB points in all bedrooms
- Selection of board games/DVDs
- Canoe for the lake
- Plant room
- Iron/ ironing board
- Parking for up to 14 cars
Little Sustainability Gems About the Property
There are over 3000 trees in the grounds which helps to off-set carbon emissions, and the owners plant new trees annually.
Your review here?
Have you visited Colleton Hall and East Wing before? If so, why not consider leaving a review?
Listing Updated: 24/01/2023
Changes to businesses do occur. Please do double check this business is still dog friendly before you make a booking
Searching For Dog Friendly Places?
The DogFriendly Magazine contains in depth reviews and features of the best places to visit, stay and play.
Find Out More
We have the largest database of dog friendly places to visit, eat and services.
We have a team of DogFriendly scouts who research every venue, either by completing a telephone questionnaire or by visiting and testing it in person.
Where We Are