- Become a DogFriendly Member & receive:
- Bi-monthly e-magazine
- County guides & Dog walking guides
- 10% Discount on 100s of dog friendly properties
- Find Out More
Boasting far-reaching views of Moel Famau from the comfort of the private wood-fired hot tub, this wonderful wooden glamping pod on the corner of a quiet working farm is the perfect rural getaway. The open plan design provides a bright spacious living area while the exposed woodwork and curved ceiling add a cosier touch. The functional kitchenette and shared use of a restored 1930's railway carriage with laundry facilities provide everything during your stay in the North Wales countryside.
Cook up a storm on the gas BBQ whilst admiring the beautiful landscape and gaze at the stars from the private courtyard on a clear night. The Red Lion Hotel is just 1 mile from the farm and comes highly recommended for its Indian cuisine and traditional pub food. Slightly further afield is the historic market town of Ruthin some 5 miles away where you'll find a fabulous array of boutique shops, local cafes and a lively modern arts scene. Popular attractions such a Zip World and Snowdonia National Park are around a 40-minute drive away.
PLEASE NOTE: The hot tub is warmed up for arrival and some initial logs left. After that they are £5 per bag
- Size: Sleeps 2 in 1 bedrooms.
- Beds: 1 Double.
- Rooms: Ground floor: Open plan living/sleeping area with kitchenette, corner seating, Smart TV, double bed with luxurious baavet wool duvet. Shower room with walk-in shower, wash basin, WC and heated towel rail.
- Kitchen and utilities: Kitchenette with 2-ring hob, microwave/grill, fridge, kettle and wash basin. Shared use of restored 1930's railway carriage with washing machine and tumble dryer.
- Entertainment: Smart TV in living area. Wi-Fi available.
- Outside: Wood-fired hot tub and private courtyard with gas BBQ and locally made wooden seating. Uninterrupted views of Moel Famau, framed by rolling hills. Secure storage for each individual lodge. Large enough for 2 bicycles, fishing equipment, boots and hanging room for outdoor clothing.
- General: Central heating and electricity included. Underfloor heating. Bed linen and towels provided. Hairdryer available on request. Welcome pack on arrival includes tea, coffee, milk and sugar.
- Pets: 1 dog welcome for additional £25. Please bring your own dog bed. Dogs not allowed on sofa or bed.
- No smoking inside the cottage.
- Parking: Private off-road parking for 1 car.
- Notes: This property is suitable for Adults Only. You may need to pay an Accidental Damage Deposit or Accidental Damage Deposit Waiver for this property. Where applicable we will contact you in good time before your holiday with further details and to take payment.
Your review here?
Have you visited Clywedog before? If so, why not consider leaving a review?
Listing Updated: 19/04/2023
Changes to businesses do occur. Please do double check this business is still dog friendly before you make a booking
Searching For Dog Friendly Places?
The DogFriendly Magazine contains in depth reviews and features of the best places to visit, stay and play.
Find Out More
Dog friendly places near this location
Cottages & Self Catering
|Glan Aber Lodge
We have the largest database of dog friendly places to visit, eat and services.
We have a team of DogFriendly scouts who research every venue, either by completing a telephone questionnaire or by visiting and testing it in person.
Where We Are